Melbourne LHBS

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matty Groves

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

New to the site and just moved to Melbourne. Any Melburnians here who can give advice on the best brew shop around? I live in Clifton Hill.
Will be a sweet relief not to be paying almost double for my grain because of postage…

Cheers!

M

Hey Matty,

Can vouch for grain and grape. Very knowledgable staff and excellent range. They make a fine fresh wort kit as well. Best HB shop I've ever been to in Australia.

Other options are Keg King and Keg Land (both down Springvale way I think). Have both got on line stores. Their stuff is pretty good and reasonably priced (gear wise) and both have a good range. Can't speak for their grain/brewing ingredient range though.

JD

Greensborough home brewing iwas pretty good if you're out that way (haven't been there for a while because 2020 happened. Twice).

Hello Matty, welcome to AHB. Enjoy the forum. How's your brewing setup in the new location?

as others have mentioned Grain and Grape, Kegland , keg king and Greensborough these 4 will require a bit of a drive

there was home brew Shop in Richmond on Church Street near bridge rd

The Artisioan Bottega in West Melbourne

G’day Marty. Keg King is now my Go To outlet for grain. They stock some excellent Voyager grains and the staff know the ropes. As mentioned, they are in Springvale. Kegland also good as you can create a pretty good grain bill online and can pick it up any time - 24 ours a day.

G’day Marty. Keg King is now my Go To outlet for grain. They stock some excellent Voyager grains and the staff know the ropes. As mentioned, they are in Springvale. Kegland also good as you can create a pretty good grain bill online and can pick it up any time - 24 ours a day.
I came here to say this about KL. The 24 hour lockers are great if you order by 3pm on a weekday, duck down there whenever suits in the evening. Remember though, during business hours it's not really a homebrew store. Think of it as just a web store with pick up lockers. (you can swap gas) but there's nothing to browse.

Grain and Grape is excellent, as are their fresh wort kits.

Great - thanks so much everyone. Grain and Grape sounds like my first stop, but that’s awesome that there’s 24 hr pick up in places. Didn’t know that was a thing.

Got a pretty hassle free brewzilla/ bottle conditioning set up.
While I’ve got the Melbourne gang’s attention… I’ve not made any water adjustments to my brews before. Am I right that it’s necessary for the water down here? It’s a bit soft? What do you tend to add/ how much for a 19l batch.

Cheers!

I also use beerco for various ingredients

Water wise I only tend to do water chemistry changes when doing lagers/pilsners and specific ale styles

Work out which water provider you are with and you can get the water chemistry results

I have a werribee water profile in beer smith

If the water tastes fine out of the tap its fine to brew with, I tend to let mine stand at least overnight to let any chlorine evaporate off

Nice one thanks. Will do a simple test batch for my first here, maybe a pacific ale. Thanks for the help all

Back