Melbourne grain bulk buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replace the paint shop with an express pre-ordered mash centre. Set your grain bill and mash duration online.
Click & collect, boil at home.

That's the drive through section where Yob forklifts pallets of grain & 2L stainless kegs straight into your ute

I'm about half way through a viking pils. Very happy with it. Keen to try their ale malt.

Sydney's got one going. Brisbane's got one going. We're up next. I'm in for a few sacks. However can't lead it right now.

GrumpyPaul said:
Haven't got the heart for it?
ConGNq6WAAEry0X.jpg

I was going to order some base grains from Ellerslie in Mitcham.
If a few more are interested i'm potentially happy to run it.... maybe.

It's just down street from their warehouse.

Anyone keen on hops? they sell per 5kg bag and prices vary from about $30 to $60 per kg depending on hop variety.

Malt price list_260416.001_1.png

Just checked: Chateau = Castle.
$39 per bag?! Wow. Manticle might move back to Melbourne if he sees this!
(I wonder if that is the definite price list or if it's their cost & a little margin might be added for a bulk buy...)
I don't really need bulk malt right now, but at those prices I'll be grabbing a few sacks.
Because, well, it's Belgian.
And cheap.

How did I not know about these Ellerslie guys, so close to home?
So you can just rock up and buy a bag?

Yes you can.
They are open Mon-Fri. They supply Coopers with majority of their hops and also partake in design some of Coopers seasonal beers.

And Ellerslie are growers of many fresh hops grown in Australia (based in the high country vic & some in Tassie.

I am no way or means promoting these guys, i just like places close to home for convenience!
But have had good customer service so far!

Prices exclude GST

Back