Melbourne grain bulk buy?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be keen as for a Bulk Buy too, almost completely out of base malts

Yob said:
I just used the last of my malts last night.

Well except for the golden promise and all that roast.. And all that chocolate and midnight wheat.. Apart from that I'm out.. Probably only enough for another 70 liters of RIS
Crisis time then...

Leyther said:
I'm very sad to hear your moving as your literally round the corner from me, where you headed to? hopefully not too far away as the only other LHBS nearby I find silly expensive!!
We're off to Bayswater. Bigger premises (so we can order/store more stuff...), more power points to run all the fridges need to store bulk hops...& run my brewery (which has been sadly dormant since I started this job). Etc...etc...

Exciting times ahead, gents...

good move - just around the corner from me.

A bit of competition for a certain local LHBS who's pricing is in the "if Im desperate for ingrediants" price range

mofox1 said:
Gird your loins & make sure the plastic is well-enabled ;)

GrumpyPaul said:
good move - just around the corner from me.

A bit of competition for a certain local LHBS who's pricing is in the "if Im desperate for ingrediants" price range
I'm sure we'll lose a few regular "pick-up" customers from Moorabbin (who often drop-in to collect their orders with a bottle or two in hand- hint B) ), but we'll collect a few new ones from the local area as things settle after the move.

Not intending to piss on Pete's shop (it was the floor space & location that dictated the move), but we're intending to offer a 10% club discount to all of the Melbourne-based club members in the future (just gotta get it coordinated through the Vicbrew committee).

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Suffice it to say at this stage that it's in a large warehouse somewhere on Canterbury Road...

Our Sister company in NZ (http://www.brewshop.co.nz/) doesn't allow pick-ups & they don't get the concept of BB's (something I've been educating the boss into over the past 18 months), so let's just keep things frosty for the moment, eh?

Not THAT ******* large, Paul!!

Waddya expect? Folks dressed in green/red greeting you at the entrance?

'Scuse me, where can I find replacement keg-post poppets?

No problem, sir, they're right down the end of aisle 47 next to the 10GL brewery systems we got in last week....

old masters store..the bosses need to be educated..pick ups and bulk buys are part of the trade

Clever Brewing Bloke said:

No problem, sir, they're right down the end of aisle 47 next to the 10GL brewery systems we got in last week....
Martin will demo our Stag Semen Sour starting at noon on the 10GL, just next to the sausage sizzle...

Clever Brewing Bloke said:

We can all dream. How ******* good would that be!

Back