Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy - Late Nov/early December

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most have paid.

Still a couple of outstanding but some people have been in touch. Anyone who hasn't, please get your arse into gear. Covering potential hundreds of dollars of other people's grain is not something that takes my fancy nor is leaving Grain and Grape carrying the can.

Still don't know who SDCD is.

Anyone who has contact outiside the forum with Hoppinmad - please get him to check his PMs and get back to me about whether he wants malt sub or a refund for the unavailable caramunich II.

If I've missed anyone, let me know.

Updated sheet:

View attachment 3_December.xls

Hi Manticle et al:

If you do end up with any unpaid grain, please let me know. I'll be happy to grab some.
Same goes for anyone looking to do some splits.

G

Anyone who has contact outiside the forum with Hoppinmad - please get him to check his PMs and get back to me about whether he wants malt sub or a refund for the unavailable caramunich II.

I mean Caramunich I

II is available.

The only person who has not paid or contacted me about payment is SDCD.

If I have not heard anything by COB tomorrow, your ordered grain will be up for grabs on the forum (since I now have to pay for it) at BB prices.

Golani51 will get first dibs.

There's always one.

Manticle ,
what's the earliest we can do the pick-up , on Saturday ?
Got a xmas party to sort.....
The earlier , the better...

Manticle ,
what's the earliest we can do the pick-up , on Saturday ?
Got a xmas party to sort.....
The earlier , the better...

Ferg - 9 am

It's not like you have far to go.

Everyone else: Attached below is the current spreadsheet. Please note well the arsehole towards the end (sdcd). May all his forthcoming grain spawn weevils and infections. Yes I am paying for it you ****.

Apart from that - thankyou everybody for making it reasonably headache free so far. If you can make an effort to:View attachment 50746

1. Pick up all the grain you ordered AND ONLY the grain you ordered

AND

2. Be patient on the day - 6+pallets of grain to get through, only two people (Thanks wolfman). Visit the shop who are supporting this if the wait seems too long.

AND

3. Pick up your grain within the time frame specified - 9am -12 pm

4. Ring me if there's a problem. I know people drive from wodonga or wherever for these things. Communication is gold. PM me if you don't have/have lost my mobile number.

5. Let me know if someone else is picking up for you. A few people have so far - check spreadsheet to see if I've included everyone (last row)

THEN I will be very happy and everyone will have loads of grain for with which to brew stuff like beer and maybe for to make barley porridge in the sun happily with some luck.

Cheers.

ATTACHMENT FUCKED - SEE NEXT POST

I'll take half of 'prickfaces' JW malt??? Not sure what Golani is doing? Manticle I would have to give you cash on the day for it and I would need you as witness for the fairness of my scales/split as I am likely to be first there and first gone...

edit: I would take maybe a quarter of the smoke and maybe a quarter of the melanoiden but I need to be gone and on the road quick smart so I will bring scales and bags and let Manticle be the judge of what I take...(if he agrees, and no stress at all if not....)

I'll take half of 'prickfaces' JW malt??? Not sure what Golani is doing? Manticle I would have to give you cash on the day for it and I would need you as witness for the fairness of my scales/split as I am likely to be first there and first gone...

I spoke to Golani today. I think he is taking the ale but I will confirm with you by PM if he drops out or only wants half.

My attachment fucked out so here it is - updated spreadsheet:

View attachment 6_December.xls

I spoke to Golani today. I think he is taking the ale but I will confirm with you by PM if he drops out or only wants half.

My attachment fucked out so here it is - updated spreadsheet:

All good, let him take it...just thought I'd share the load/ease the pain if it was on offer...really the JW base malt is all I'd actually 'gladly' take, the rest was out of a sense of duty...

Whatever doesn't get snapped up willingly, I will advertise here. Only JW was ale malt - the other two were weyermans and more than likely, I will offer them up for splits as who wants 25 kg of melanoiden malt?

Only duty is to punch sdcd in the head if you ever you encounter him/her/it.

Appreciate the thought.

Whatever doesn't get snapped up willingly, I will advertise here. Only JW was ale malt - the other two were weyermans and more than likely, I will offer them up for splits as who wants 25 kg of melanoiden malt?

Appreciate the thought.

i'll take the smoked malt. (although i would have preferred the best maltz) :rolleyes:

ANYONE who wants to go 1/2's in the smoked, let me know and i'll split on the day with you.

Mants,
send me an SMS or PM and i'll flick you the $$ if its mine.

Appreciate the thought.

What type of beer do you use melanoiden in? I may take a 1/4 split if its any use to me.

Come to think of it, what would you use the smoked in?

Smoked: Rauchbier (smoked dark lager) or Smoked porter are two that spring to mind.

Melanoiden could be used in anything you might otherwise decoct. I haven't used melanoiden, preferring to make work for myself by decocting but a czech pils or a weizen might cope with an addition.

Cheers fourstar. I'll let you know tonight.

UPDATE:

JW ale - Golani51
1/4 Melanoiden: Golani 51
1/4 melanoiden tentatively:Cosmic Bertie
1 Wey Smoked: Fourstar.

I'll pm everyone tonight with calc'ed prices

I will help you bear this burden, Manticle. :p

Seriously though, I'd be in for a split of the Melanoidin. I've seen it in numerous German helles/dunkles recipes that I plan to master so it would be handy to have a a few kgs around the place.

What size split were you thinking? Put me down for a 1/4 if there's still one going.

Can pay cash on the day, or eft if you'd prefer.

Cheers.

Smoked: Rauchbier (smoked dark lager) or Smoked porter are two that spring to mind.

Melanoiden could be used in anything you might otherwise decoct. I haven't used melanoiden, preferring to make work for myself by decocting but a czech pils or a weizen might cope with an addition.

Cheers fourstar. I'll let you know tonight.

UPDATE:

JW ale - Golani51
1/4 Melanoiden: Golani 51
1/4 melanoiden tentatively:Cosmic Bertie
1 Wey Smoked: Fourstar.

I'll pm everyone tonight with calc'ed prices

Ok, in for a penny in for a pound. Put me down for a 1/4 split of each of the smoked and melanoiden. Gawd knows how I'm going to get it home though...anyone have any spare bags? :)

Let me know how much more I owe ya :)

SWMBO is gonna just love me too :)

Alright

1 bag JW ale: Golani51
1/4 melanoiden: Golani51
1/4 melanoiden: Cosmic bertie
1/4 melanoiden: PhantomEasey
1 bag smoked: fourstar (with cosmic bertie taking 1/4 and I'm happy enough to keep the other 1/4).

I would prefer bank transfer so I'll send you all a PM with total amounts. No rush on payment (although sooner rather than later is always nice) - I'd just prefer not to deal with cash on the day.

Cheers guys. My faith in the brewing community is somewhat restored.

I also have 1/4 bag briess victory malt up for grabs if anyone is interested.

Alright

1 bag JW ale: Golani51
1/4 melanoiden: Golani51
1/4 melanoiden: Cosmic bertie
1/4 melanoiden: PhantomEasey
1 bag smoked: fourstar (with cosmic bertie taking 1/4 and I'm happy enough to keep the other 1/4).

I would prefer bank transfer so I'll send you all a PM with total amounts. No rush on payment (although sooner rather than later is always nice) - I'd just prefer not to deal with cash on the day.

Cheers guys. My faith in the brewing community is somewhat restored.

I also have 1/4 bag briess victory malt up for grabs if anyone is interested.

I'll take the remaining 1/4 of melanoiden and 1/4 of victory if they're still available

Back