Melbourne Eaurthquakes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettprevans

HB so good, it will raise the dead
Reaction score
Decent earthquake just came through eastern suburbs Melbourne. Well for Melbourne. Seems to be getting more often and stronger
Interesting topic for those who have any scientific understanding or knowledge. I love physics but it's gonna **** my house.

Yeah, had it down here. Been in a couple in northern and southern California and this was stronger by heaps.

Decent earthquake just came through eastern suburbs Melbourne. Well for Melbourne. Seems to be getting more often and stronger.

Yeh. This one seemed to last a long time - maybe 20 seconds? May be epicentred out Wonthaggi way like the last one a year or so ago.

Yeah got it over here in Tulla too... quite a long one. Rattled one of my empty beer bottles off of the shelf!

Yeah got it out here as well.
Freaked me out, never experienced that sensation before, whole house moved and shook for a good 5 -7 seconds.

got the same thing in north subs. just spoke to a work mate and his folks
felt it in paynesville.

We're at Foster and it was the biggest one I've ever felt, went for at least 20 seconds just a slow quiet rumble that built up louder and stronger as it went like a big wave rolling up the beach. Couldn't have been far off, if it was from Korumburra are its certainly the bigest that's been in a long time but reckon it felt like it was rolling up from the south maybe the Prom area.

Felt it for a good ten seconds here in frankston.

was thinking i had too much to drink!
hah! it wasnt the beer. :chug:

It was felt here too. Door shaking in latch for over 10 seconds.

Tremors: they are coming to get you

Tremors.jpg

Thought it was one of the kids jumping around upstairs. Then I remembered I'd put them to bed an hour ago...

didnt feel it here...but thought we heard one of the kids walking in the hall at about the right time, went to investigat but nothing there...could be ghosts...or maybe the quake...or maybe ghosts running away from the quake?

good news is that it would have roused your yeast to knock the last few points off the stalled ferment ...

hope theres no damage for you mexicans

Back