Melbourne Cup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has some money on some horses in the cup?

The brother-in-law of a friend of a friend of a workmate is riding in the Cup.

He reckons Distinction is a sure thing* for a place. I've got $5 each way on it.

*not necessarily a sure thing

No PoMo - i put a bit each way on it too - not a sure thing...

I got close. Had Vinnie Roe for a win, also a number of trifectas-one of which was Makybe Diva, Vinnie Roe and Pacific Dancer in that order :eek:. There were a few nervous moments there. Close-but no cigar :(

Hope some others had some luck, but you weren't really going to walk out a real winner when the damn favourite wins :angry:

Cheers.

Edit: Oh Shit! I just found Pacific Dancer came in 4th. A man could cry :(

I had a $12 cup combo with Vinnie Roe, Makybe Diva and Grey Storm. Made some money back on the first two, but Grey Storm was nowhere for the trifecta! :angry:

i put a tenner om pasific dancer.........as far as i know shes still running!!

and got myself a $6 mystery triffecta from the tab the bloody horses i got were all at over $50

bloddy donkys

Put $10 on the winner as after the Caulfield cup run knew it would go close, then backed longshots and trifectas. got me money back plus a bit.

I put $5 eachway on Zazzman , only because it reminded me of Jazzman :lol: , cheers for that Jazzman :p

put $5 win on Makybe Diva, $5 on quinella Makybe Diva + Vinnie Roe, and $10 on exacta Vinnie Roe + Makybe Diva.
won my money back plus $52.
Can't complain, then went to Sip 'n Save on the Parade for an imported brew, and found that they are selling Hofbrau Oktoberfest at $15.99 with a .5L glass stein.
yeeaw!

I backed Makabe Diva and Vinnie Roe each way, pulled Vinnie Roe in the office sweeps and found $20 in the ATM tray at the TAB :p ! All up got $80 for the day :D.

- Snow

I backed Makybe Diva & Vinnie Ro each way too but I had a bigger smile watching a colour piece on Distinction & the bunch of owners who came out with it from England. Seems they like to call it - ...... BigD.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

glad i didnt see that one rob w.im sure to have put money on it and lost. :(
top name though ;)

cheers
big d

Back