Melbourne Case Swap?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carniebrew

Brewvy baby, brewvy!
Reaction score
As you can see from my join date i'm pretty new to this particular forum, so excuse me if the answer is already well known....but i'm curious why there doesn't seem to be a Melbourne beer swap? Sure seems to be plenty of Melbourne based brewers around.

Is it for want of a venue/organiser? Or has everyone yelled at each other that much in forum posts that they're now afraid to meet? <_<

I think you might find that the clubs have done their swaps etc already. They don't all organise on this forum either.

I think you might find that the clubs have done their swaps etc already. They don't all organise on this forum either.
Ah ok, you need to join a brewer's club? Do these things only happen at xmas time?

Ah... From a few moons ago, melb brewers did 2 a year, I think. Christmas and Christmas in July. Foggy memories... Search them up, melbournebrewers.org. I think. If you were on the email list you'd catch wind of them or at monthly meetings. Reckon a few clubs do them, search for what's around your area maybe?

Ah ok, you need to join a brewer's club? Do these things only happen at xmas time?

No you don't need to join a club. Swaps advertised here and clubs are generally separate. Not sure what cloud PF is on today. Hope it's cider related.

The case swaps are ahb oriented (although not exclusive) and are similar to the other states. There is usually a xmas in july (june-july) and a xmas swap (Nov- dec).

Disappointingly, one has not been organised for Melb Xmas and it is a bit too late in the year to get one going. I am currently trying to rouse interest in the social part of it for early Jan (drink beer, brew beer, spit roast etc) so that we don't miss out entirely.

Relevant thread is here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...c=69211&hl=

Keep an eye on it.

Latest posts

Back