Melbourne Beer Tasting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wortgames

'Draught' is not a beer style - it's a lifestyle
Reaction score
Hi all, one of the ideas we touted during the Mildura tasting last month was the idea of a semi-regular Melbourne beer tasting session.

So I'd like to do a quick head-count and see how many people would be interested in getting together, for a tasting on Friday 5th or Saturday 6th August, at my place in Heidelberg West? I know it's a way off but hopefully that will help us get it all together.

The basic idea will be that everyone chips in $20, and I'll get some interesting beers in (probably on a theme - any suggestions?) and we can all sit round and be complete beer snobs for the evening and discuss their various merits etc.

It might also be a good opportunity for people to bring some of their own brew for general enjoyment and comments. If anyone wants to get homebrew to me earlier so it can settle we can do that, and I have enough taps to accommodate a few kegs (they don't have to be full, obviously, and I promise they'll be safe :p)

I'm a couple of blocks away from Northland shopping centre & cinemas at Preston. You might be able to arrange a lift from a kindly spouse or perhaps share a cab from/to Preston or Macleod station (it's a 30min walk from Macleod or a 5min walk from the nearest bus stop).

If it proves to be a success we could make it a regular thing (eg bimonthly), but for this one who's interested and what day would be best?

I'm keen, but i'm working in Hamilton over the uni holdays (until the 5th) so I'd probably miss the first one.

Also keen, I should be able to do the old push bike and train job.

I'll have to crank up beer production over the holidays. I've just cracked my first all grain batch (10L, an APA), and fear it won't even last until the end of exams. And that's the only beer I've left! :eek:

And I really need more kegs... Hopefully I won't be broke by August.

I really want to do this, but have people coming down from Brisbane to stay on that weekend :(

You're not far from me so should be OK depending on other commitments.

We could look at a different weekend if that proved to be better all round.

What does everyone think would be the best day, generally speaking?

The options would be a Friday night, a Saturday night, or a Sunday afternoon.

Of those three Friday for me, although Thursday would be better.

Latest posts

Back