Melbourne Based Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercs Own

blabla
Reaction score
How many of you guys are in Melbourne and are you interested in meeting up at a pub and drinking some of my beer? We could perhaps have a Melbourne Aussie Home Brewers get together at a pub in Richmond.

Just an idea and wondering wether there is any interest.

BYW if you dont want to drink my beer that is fine we could drink yours! Although the publican would rather we drink his!!

Sounds like a good idea... although as you say, BYO beer and pubs don't tend to go together.

Yeah, I'm always interested in drinking :) Sounds good.

Over here in the west we had an early AHB meeting at a pub in Freo (Clancy's Fish Pub - they have the WAALE Bar with a good selection of WA micro's beers on tap.....) Anyway, they were quite happy to let us bring our own beers to sample.. just limited it to one per person. We got stuck into the pubs beer after we'd finished our tasting. The barman was even blending beers for us and he presented us with a beer called a "Wills-Rogerson" (50% Wills Pills from the Bootleg Brewery in Margaret River + 50% Rogers beer from Little Creatures) It was a very tasty drop and I still mix my own when I have any bottles of the stuff around...

Always a good day

Asher for now

I'd definitely be interested in a meet-up with other AHBers in Melbourne. If Richmond is the preferred location we could do worse than having it at one of the Moutain Goat Brewery's Friday night sessions. Perhaps we might be able to get a tour of the brewery while we are at it?

You can count me in, it would also be good if we could organise one of the experienced brewers to show us novices how to A.G.....how about it Warren.

P.S there is also another bloke from work who has put his hand up as well

start organising Scroogster

Rook :beer:

Sorry scrogster, i mean Mercs Own

Rook

Mercs Own said:
How many of you guys are in Melbourne and are you interested in meeting up at a pub and drinking some of my beer? We could perhaps have a Melbourne Aussie Home Brewers get together at a pub in Richmond.
[post="76104"][/post]​

Guys you seem to be getting away from Merc's original suggestion a bit.
Mercs, did you have anywhere specific in mind to meet & if so would the publican be OK if people brought their own beers to share?

therook said:
You can count me in, it would also be good if we could organise one of the experienced brewers to show us novices how to A.G.....how about it Warren.

P.S there is also another bloke from work who has put his hand up as well

start organising Scroogster

Rook :beer:
[post="76161"][/post]​

I'm pretty sure there are ample opportunities to learn AG brewing in Melbourne. G&G have a monthly demonstration.

im pretty sure Merc meant have one of his Peach beers, which are commercially available

I can see myself coming along to this, date and time dependent of course.

Back