Melb/Vic bulk buy sodium percarbonate-per KG.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
(Permission given from Dane to arrange this)

As stated in the other thread I am arranging a bulk buy of sodium percarbonate in KG lots and looking for interested members. Price to be finalised once I speak with the supplier but it looks to be around $1.70 per kg + GST (maybe) I can pick this up myself from HUCON so no freight costs involved.

I am happy to split it up into kg lots as I only require a small quantity myself. I can double bag and box it.

Pick up 7am-5pm from Dandenong south or after hours and weekends in Lyndhurst.

If someone in the Northern and Western suburbs was willing to act as a pick up location I can ship small orders to them FOC for you to pick up..

I can also ship to Geelong, Bendigo, Traralgon, Wodonga, and Docklands and Campbellfield and have pick up locations at these places.

We would need to purchase in 25kg lots so if we dont quite make up full 25kg bags may have to increase orders slightly to round it up.

Not sure about postage of this to other states, I suppose 2-3 kgs could be sent in a satchel but might not be cost effective. But if your interested let me know and I will look into it.

Anyway for now please put your name on the list and the quantity in kgs you require.

(Go easy on me, its my first time. Let me know if Ive left anything out)

#1. Truman 15 kgs.

Thanks for running this;

1. Truman 15 kgs.
2. hexman 10 kg

Postage to other states not advised, it is classed as dangerous goods and there are hoops that need to be jumped through and possibly cost prohibitive.

Okay the cost will be

$1.87 per kg inc GST if order is under 100 kgs.

$1.81 per kg inc GST if order is over 100 kgs.

@Yob..Thanks for the postage info looks like postage will be out so local pick up as mentioned above only. (But I can still ship to locations mentioned.)

Funny story:- The lady at Hucon asked me what Im using it for,. When I told her she said her dad used to make beer for years but he used to buy all his own hops and boil it all up. Then he just started using the Coopers cans.

I said well many of us now dont use the Coopers cans and boil it all up adding hops etc.

Ive still got loads of each, but did you also price Sodium Metasillicate so peeps can make home made PBW? 5kg each is truck loads and will last you years, so a bag will easily split 5 ways and is cheap as chups.

:icon_cheers:

@Truman... You should shoot an email out to the club. I'm sure you'd get some takers.

Put me down for 10kg, should last me awhile :D

1. Truman 15 kgs.
2. hexman 10 kg
3. Endo 10kgs

@bullsneck good idea will do that.

@Yob....I can price Sodium Metasillicate if people are interested.

D'nong or Lyndhurst way to far for me! Vital if i get in could you pick up my bag?

If so im in for 25KG's.

Are you a Melbourne Brewer member, Truman ?

A February club meeting collection would be great, if so

@ Fents..Can you pick up from Campbellfield duing business hours? If so I can send yours there?

@Danwood....No im not a Melbourne brewer member but happy to collect on their behalf and drop it off somewhere.

not really, could do campbellfield on weekend but not weekdays. will just wait and see what VS says..

Fents said:
not really, could do campbellfield on weekend but not weekdays. will just wait and see what VS says..
There open 8am to 12 noon on Saturdays if that suits?

Yep that will work, lock me in for a full bag.

1. Truman 15 kgs.
2. hexman 10 kg
3. Endo 10 kgs
4. Vitalstatistix 10 kg
5. djar007 25 kg
6. fents 25 kgs
7. David W (BSB) 5 kgs
8. Jethro M (BSB) 5 kgs

Well we made the 100 kg discount so price is now $181.00 per kg inc GST

I'm in the inner North of Melbourne, Preston area...happy to act as a pickup point if anyone needs it. I generally work from home so day or night works for me. I'd take a 5kg bag for myself if it all works out.

I also have a buddy in Ballarat who comes down regularly, I'm sure he'd be willing to drop off to anyone within spitting distance of Black Hill, in exchange for a stubby of their finest....

carniebrew said:
I'm in the inner North of Melbourne, Preston area...happy to act as a pickup point if anyone needs it. I generally work from home so day or night works for me. I'd take a 5kg bag for myself if it all works out.

I also have a buddy in Ballarat who comes down regularly, I'm sure he'd be willing to drop off to anyone within spitting distance of Black Hill, in exchange for a stubby of their finest....
Might take you up on that Carnie in regards to Ballarat pick up.

Back