[melb] Free Beer, Food, Glass & Tshirt @ Great Australasian Beer S

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
The Local TapHouse are running the Great Australasian Beer SpecTAPular in May.

And are looking for volunteers to help, the sessions are 4 1/2 hours long and are day-time Fri, Sat, Sun and/or all night-time Fri, Sat.
In return:
For each session you volunteer, you can attend a free session and receive food/drink tokens worth $10 and a session show-bag including a tasting paddle and festival glass. All volunteers will also receive an exclusive GABS volunteer t-shirt and food vouchers for their volunteer session. You can volunteer for up to two sessions at GABS and receive up to two sessions free.
More information and sign-up form (enter your DOB on the right) on the website here: http://thelocal.com.au/gabs/volunteer.php
And/or in the doc file attached to this post (the file is a .docx but I had to rename it to .doc to upload it onto here).

You can also contact Stephanie Coutts Volunteer coordinator, GABS
(Whom i asked before making this post, otherwise I am not associated with The Local TapHouse or the event, don't ask me questions!).

View attachment 20120223_NZ_volunteer_database_media_release.doc

That's a great deal. hope they get plenty of support. If I only lived a bit closer to Melb, then id be in 4 sure with or without free stuff.

Im on! Volunteer Saturday Day, Smash piss Saturday night. BANG!

Part of an email that arrived today from the person organizing the volunteers:

We have determined that we are going to need 130 volunteers per session at GABS. That is 550 volunteers over the course of the event! This is HUGE!

So, if you have any friends or family that might like to get involved, send them to the registration page which is now at http://volunteer.thelocal.com.au/gabs/volunteer.php. The more the merrier.

Our website is up and running and we have a permanent home for our volunteer page. You can also like GABS on Facebook. There are some questions and answers about volunteering on the website at http://www.thelocal.com.au/gabs/volunteer.

oooh!! free stuff...

wonder how big the glasses are.... Im a sucker for Beer glasses

and a sucker with beer goggles :lol:

4 Weeks away and they're still looking for a few people:

The roles we need to fill include:

- Friday 10:45 5:30; 7 volunteers oonly (almost there)

- Friday 5:15 11:45; 49 volunteers including 26 with RSA certificates

- Saturday 10:45 5:30;; we have too many volunteers more on this below

- Saturday 5:15 11:45; 96 volunteerrs including 36 with RSA certifications

- Sunday 10:45 6:30; 44 including 24 with RSA certificcates

so am I right in thinking you get $52 worth of goods and services (plus food tickets and a volunteer t-shirt) for 4.5hrs worth of work?

Entry (with glass) = $30
Tasting paddle = $12
Free piss = $10

so am I right in thinking you get $52 worth of goods and services (plus food tickets and a volunteer t-shirt) for 4.5hrs worth of work?
The new flyer (attached to this post) explains the freebies a bit better than the website:

Free entry to a session ($39)
Free beer and food tokens (Value not defined)
Free GABS glass (one presumes this is the same as what everyone gets with general-session entry)
Free tshirt (so you're identified while 'working')
Food tokens for meal during the 'work' session (value not defined, or if it's extra to the 'beer and food tokens' above)

View attachment 20120406_FINAL_UPDATE_noticeboard_flyer.pdf

I'm in! Volunteering Friday day, attending Saturday night. Really looking forward to this!

They are starting to finalize things and have sent out confirmation emails, so if you are interested sign up ASAP.

There is an info night next week, with a free keg of beer on tap for those who attend the session.

I'm confirmed as a volunteer for the Saturday morning session, then I'll be attending the Saturday night and Sunday session...
Some amazing looking beers there!

I'm confirmed as a volunteer for the Saturday morning session, then I'll be attending the Saturday night and Sunday session...
Some amazing looking beers there!

Im also confirmed saturday work, saturday night drinking. Look at the face to the left. if you see this face....

its me.

Back