• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

MEL: Fridges, Freezers, couch and a leaky keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kahlerisms

Reaction score
Howdy Homebrew friends

ITEM NUMBER 1: NOT REALLY WORKING FRIDGE/FREEZER
For sale today I have my very first ever brewing fridge.
thumb_IMG_4603_1024.jpg
(the one in the middle, though the one on the right is for sale, too)
It never really got cold, but it got cold enough that I could ferment ales all year long - even in the height of summer and of course with a heat pad or similar in winter.

Comes with an AWESOME yellow CAUTION radioactive sticker which pre-dates my ownership and a less awesome "Lookout" sticker.

There's some red whiteboard marker on it too where I used to record gravities right on the front. I reckon that'd wash off if you dedicated 10 minutes to it.

Has a freezer section, too. This bit did get cold as it used to freeze my glasses when I stored them in there. I decided I don't like cold glasses so I stopped.

thumb_IMG_4605_1024.jpg

SO, RECAP.

1x fridge with a cool sticker.
In partially working condition (stuff happens when you plug it in, doesn't get super cold though. I suspect the thermostat that moves air between the freezer and fridge is busted)

I probably have at least a couple of shelves for it.

$50 unreasonable?

ITEM NUMBER 2: SMALL FREEZER
Half height freezer thingo.
thumb_IMG_4602_1024.jpg
Still gets cold, still freezes. Bought with the idea of making it into a fermenting chamber for lagers but the shelves aren't removable, they're part of the cooling element thing. This one smells a little because it's been unopened in my brewery for 12 months.
thumb_IMG_4601_1024.jpg
$80

ITEM NUMBER 3: FRIDGE/FREEZER
A newish (approx 5 years old) small fridge/freezer combo.
thumb_IMG_4606_1024.jpg
THis one still has the shelves in it, gets cold just fine and is probably cheaper to run than the other two. It has a bit of a scratch/gouge on the side.
thumb_IMG_4607_1024.jpgDunno if it's big enough for fermenting in, but it might make a nice Christmas fridge which is pretty much what we use it for now. IN fact, I just discovered it was still on and something had liquified in the bottom of it which is why in this photo there's no bucket thing at the bottom, because I've got it in oxyper.
thumb_IMG_4614_1024.jpg

It's 205 litres, 142 for the fridge and 63 for the freezer. You can find the product page here
http://www.lg.com/au/fridges/lg-GN-205VW-top-mount-fridge
I'm gunna ask $200 for this guy.

ITEM NUMBER 4: LEAKY CORNY KEG
What else am I getting rid of? I'm glad you asked. I have a leaky corny keg, ball locks, lid, dip stick. Probably even got a near new seal kit on it from when I woulda tried to fix it.
I used to be able to get it to seal for at least a little while and I used it to clean lines and stuff. I can't get it to seal at all any more.
$30
You know what a corny keg looks like, right?

ITEM NUMBER 5: TWO SEATER COUCH
Small two seater couch.
Some people on the internet were giving away a three seater and a two seater couch. I took both as brewery couches.
I've since replaced the two seater with a fold out bed thing which is more functional but perhaps a little less comfortable and good looking.

This is FREE because I believe in couch karma and I got this for free. Your only price is a brewer's promise than when you come to get rid of it you don't make any money out of it.

COrny keg for scale (and for anyone who wanted to know what the leaky one looked like)
thumb_IMG_4613_1024.jpg

I like cash and I like Westinghouse freezers. I am not going to post anything. I might be negotiable on prices, I just picked the lower end of what I saw stuff on Gumtree for.

Pickup is from Kew, 3101, preferably on the weekends. I don't have a trolley.

Corny Keg gone to Rob!

Folks, if we can bid/reply in the thread then I think it helps people keep an eye on what's coming and going :)

RE: ITEM NUMBER 2: SMALL FREEZER

Will give you $30 - due to smell and it being seemingly useless for a brewer... :p

Can collect - Weeknight preferred.

No pm sent.

Slapped a different lid on the keg mate and it's held pressure for a couple of hours so far. Thanks again!

Cocko said:
RE: ITEM NUMBER 2: SMALL FREEZER

Will give you $30 - due to smell and it being seemingly useless for a brewer... :p

Can collect - Weeknight preferred.

No pm sent.

You're on, Cocko! (sorry for the delay in checking my own thread out)

Latest posts

Back