[MEL] Brewing Trivia Night

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forever Wort

Reaction score
BUY TICKETS HERE

Sponsored by Full Pint Premium Brewing Supplies and Hawkers Beer the inaugural Merri Mashers Brewing Trivia Night is coming up soon. The club would love for eager AHBers to come along and give their brains and taste buds a work-out!

Friday August 21, 7PM

The Terminus Hotel
492 Queens Parade
North Fitzroy VIC
(03) 9481 3182

This is an entirely beer-themed, beer-centric, beer-everything evening, with beers on-tap, beers on-screen and beer tunes on-air.

Tickets are selling fast - included in your $36 non-refundable ticket is plenty of premium pub grub from the Terminus' excellent kitchen, three schooners of beaut craft beer and a chance to win one of the many prizes on offer. You can expect drinks and brewing supplies vouchers, craft beer, t-shirts and more prizes on offer from our generous club sponsors Full Pint and Hawkers Beer.

When ordering you can also vote on the beer style that you want on for the event's third bar tap! Democracy in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SMQJ8K2zBg

Wow! I really hope someone has a video camera so the non-locals can watch the festivities!
Well done,wort. I'm certain it will be a great night.

Brilliant idea! I was going to suggest it at the next Vicbrew meeting, but you've beaten me to the punch.

I'll be there with knobs-on. Just got to arrange transport & sleeping arrangements......

Is this an inter-club (no-holds-barred, two falls, two submissions or a knockout) thing, or will everyone be mixed-up on tables for an overall experience??

There will be seven tables for 45 people. You are welcome to sit where you like - if you make six or seven people from the same club be sure to let me know so we can put a reserved sign on a table for you.

@WortHogs, of course! It's for everyone. I sent it out to VicBrew hoping it would go to all clubs.

Hmm....I can feel a VicBrew-Committee table coming-on..... :D

Edit: What time do you anticipate this will finish-up?

There will be two breaks for the food and drinks in between rounds of trivia, then results and prizes at about 9:45PM, to finish by 10PM.

Tickets are selling fast - any AHBers going to be there next week? Looks like there will be a solid foundation of Merri Mashers and general public punters. MartinOC, no Melbourne Brewers or VicBrew representation outside of Merri Mashers and Worthogs as yet. Disappointing!

I know mate, you don't need to tell me.....

Erm.....I "might" have to pull-out myself. Another all-weekend thing has come up on the Sat/Sun which will require the utmost concentration from me, so a Friday night of boozing would put the Kibosh on the idea.

It sounds like it was great. If there's a next time, we'll try to get more Wort Hogs along. Only problem is the dismal public transport for us late at night. Luckily a lift was sourced. I'm glad I organised the tickets for our crew!

Great night. Big thanks to all who took part in organising and running the night, particularly Luke for hosting.

Congratulations to the team "Minging Mercaptain" for winning the first Brew Trivia night, hopefully there will be many more to come. It was a close thing - one point in it!

Latest posts

Back