Megaswill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as much the consumers fault as the megaswillers. Keep in mind when Tooheys Extra Dry was conceived I believe it was designed as an entry level beer for women. No taste, clear trendy bottle, 330ml instead of 375ml etc.

But the blokes loved it, because the average bloke LOVES beer that doesn't take like beer, but is more as watered down as possible.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with some megaswills, they're just not as good as the alternatives.

pfffssh royal doulton. only fine bone wedgewood for me :huh:. great analogy there Steve

mate that a bit of ignorance showing through. you rank commercial megaswill above K&K? i'll just assume you mean proper commerical beer. but then again i can make K&K/kit & bits thats mistakable for AG, so again i think its a bit ambitious to rank them. IMO of course

cm2, I don`t as a rule follow other`s recipes, but I wouldn`t mind a squiz at your k&k/kit and bits that`s mistaken for allgrain beer?
Might be tempted, you never know.
Ta

stagga.

OK I resisted until now - Flame suit on!!

God, there are some precious people on here - I wouldn't starve because I cant eat in a silver service restaurant for every meal nor would I not drink what most would call megaswill just because I cant always have an AG beer!

But then again Im a fat ******* so that probably says something!!! lol

And isn't it a case that without lesser quality beers good beers wouldn't be good they'd just be beer!?!?

Now where is my warm can of VB

To the uneducated palate a lot of the megaswills are fine as is McDonalds or KFC or whatever...If you like it, kudos to you...

A lot of people can't taste fine differences or don't appreciate what it should (or could) taste like.

I think it's a modern syndrome of our overly processed foodstuffs (especially the US of America and wannabe US of Australia)

Try the megaswill in the euro nations or even N.Z. It's a whole other kettle of smoked haddock with a potato :blink: .

I've ran out of analogies. But not beer, so I'm going back to enjoy my semi megaswill. Little Creatures Pale Ale.

MEGASWILL. IHAVE FRIENDS THAT I HAVE TRIED TO FEED BELGIANS , LITTLE CREATURES AND OTHER QAULITY BEERS. NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN I WILL GET THE RESPONSE AHH IT S ALRIGHT BUT STILL NO CARLTON DRAUGHT, VB , PURE BLONDE ETC. 12 MONTHS AGO ISTARTED HBING TO SAVE A DOLLOR OR 2, TRYING TO EMULATE MY FAVOURITE BEERS MELBOURNE "BITTER" OR BOAGS PREMIUM. NOW I HAVE FOUND THIS FORUM AND OTHERS AND HAVE TRIED 300 DIFFERENT BEERS AND GROWN TO APPRECIATE EACH STYLE ON ITS OWN MERITS.NOW I ALMOST EXLUSIVLY DRINK ALES! ALL THIS BEING SAID I WENT TO THE AIRSHOW LAST WEEK AND GRUDGINGLY PAID 7 BUCKS FOR A CAN OF VB. THE SAME WEEKEND I DID MY FIRST BIAB AND NO_CHILL BEER , STILL WAITING FOR THE RESULT.WHAT DID I BREW AN APA OFCOURSE.

<snip the whole damn lot>
AAAAAARGH! My eyes are bleeding!!!

Edited for politeness.

capslock.jpeg

:icon_offtopic: Is it a full moon or just the day for dummy spits, rants, taunts, dementure... mere observation not directed at anyone in particular? :lol:

god this thread is fked, heres hoping the scotsman has one to many tennants supers and buggers off

Don't feed trolls...

Just got home from my buddy's doctoral grad. ceremony which really pissed me off because I could only have 2 beers and it's Thursday, but it was worth it to share his big day. It was at QPAC (theatres, concert hall etc) and at the trendite bar they only had Fosters products (seems to be a trend back to the old days... Caloundra RSL has no Lion brews at all. Imagine an RSL in QLD bigger than Manly RSL with no XXXX but I digress) so it was either the crownies or a cascade special lager. You know what, that Cascade is equal to anything mainstream out of Germany or Denmark. Very Very noice indeed. Thirsty boy actually posted that they are doing a top notch recipe at the moment and I concur. Hops leap out of the bottle.

Mind now I'm home I'm into a pint of my AG County Bitter with the Bramling Cross, late hopped with EKG plugs........ very noice also.

OK I resisted until now - Flame suit on!!

God, there are some precious people on here - I wouldn't starve because I cant eat in a silver service restaurant for every meal nor would I not drink what most would call megaswill just because I cant always have an AG beer!

Yes, but you have to realise that 95% of them are just saying that because Joe Whatsisname said it before and it seems to be the right thing to say, sort of a mob mentality.
But meanwhile, behind closed doors,............ :lol:

stagga.

If everyone who drank beer demanded high quality craft made with fresh hop flowers; Just imagine how expensive and in short supply Hops would be. I think we should all shut the fu#k up and keep it to ourselves. Secret squirrel from now on, tell no one how good our beer is.

Thats GOLD. I love it :party:

Good beer can only be brewed when not wearing pants.

Good beer can only be brewed when not wearing pants.

sans pants APA anyone

hope your plumbing is hardplumed and theres no boiling wort being sloshed around.

Warra wears a skirt :)

KT with the Women's Brewing Tips. Enlighten us with more gems. this is great. I suppose you can just slip off the stockings and use as an emergency hop sock also

actually maybe you can answer this. Do women brewers have the same problem with brewing as they do bbqs? ie bbq- women runs around shopping etc prepares everything. bloke cooks meat on bbq and everyone thanks the man for such a great bbq. So with brewing, do you do everthing with your man then coming around, stirs the mash a bit then leaves and claims to have made the beer?

nothing wrong with that.... heels make it easier to reach the pot....

:lol: bahaha, have you actually ever brewed in heels Katie? That should be your profile pic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back