Megaswill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I wanna see
Ugh. $20 a carton and you still feel ripped off.

WorstBrewingDisasterEver.JPG

I love going to the local footy on Saturdays in its approaching fast. The only thing I regret about it is having to drink megaswill.
But it does make the HB, when I get home, taste fantastic

No - they are getting people to drink something that they call beer. If consistency is your thing, then megaswill surely does a good job of that. As .DJ. said, that consistency comes at the cost of flavour. Don't mistake the opinion of the people on this forum for just high-brow snobbery - the big breweries aren't blind to the fact that what they brew is intended to be drunk cold and fast, and in large amounts. Hence the term 'megaswill'. They then go the extra mile to do this as cheap as possible, while producing a consistent product.

As for pushing people off premixes and onto beer - I think you should look at who makes the premixes, and who owns those companies... not a lot of suprises really.

Craft brewing is about making delicious beers. I'm not saying 'don't drink megaswill', but with better options available at comparable prices, I'll make my choice something decent.

If you really want to continue trolling, how about 'those politicians aren't so bad, they're just doing their jobs'...

Edit: Speeling misteak. Nothing can possiblie go wrong...
I started drinking Tooheys New as a 16 Year Old with the local Rugby team, and i have progressed to where i am today as a brewer for a small micro brewing. I don't drink Spirits and i think if people start off by drinking Vb, New or Corona we are more likely that these people are going to progress to better quality Beers.

I like XXXX. It is malty, bitter, refreshing in the right context and is actually a well-made beer for its type. Unfortunately, it is way too expensive for what it is, and it is not a bitter, despite it's name. It also gives me a big hangover if I have a big session on it, unlike other less "industrial" beers.

Cheers - Snow

Australia day when my beer ran out I was pleasantly surprised by Melbourne Bitter....

but personally who gives a shit!

I started drinking Tooheys New as a 16 Year Old with the local Rugby team, and i have progressed to where i am today as a brewer for a small micro brewing. I don't drink Spirits and i think if people start off by drinking Vb, New or Corona we are more likely that these people are going to progress to better quality Beers.

So you know what we call "megaswill" are of lower quality... and you ask us why we don't like it? This thread is a crock.

I don't drink Spirits and i think if people start off by drinking Vb, New or Corona we are more likely that these people are going to progress to better quality Beers.
Uh huh - and you've seen the typical VB drinker, yes? They do all kinds of improvements to their lifestyles... more tattoos for instance, are a step forward.

Cause and effect my good man. Effect: You are drinking better beers. Cause: Probably not VB. I'm sure that everyone on this forum has had some sort of cause that has led to this effect, but I'm seriously struggling to assign that cause to megaswill. If that was the case, you could say that people will soon be eating gruyre because they've tried Mainland Cheddar.

Uh huh - and you've seen the typical VB drinker, yes? They do all kinds of improvements to their lifestyles... more tattoos for instance, are a step forward.

Cause and effect my good man. Effect: You are drinking better beers. Cause: Probably not VB. I'm sure that everyone on this forum has had some sort of cause that has led to this effect, but I'm seriously struggling to assign that cause to megaswill. If that was the case, you could say that people will soon be eating gruyre because they've tried Mainland Cheddar.

There are some effects where coopers have made in roads , where they have been able to convince Vb drinkers etc to try there beers. But it would be harder for coopers to convince a Jim beam Can drinker to move over to coopers.

But it would be harder for coopers to convince a Jim beam Can drinker to move over to coopers.

maybe they dont like beer

oh another thread megaswill thread. well im bored so ill contribute.

ahhh geelong bitter. i remember being out at the public bar (commonly known as the pubic bar) in melbourn back in the late 90's early 2000s where posts of geelong bitter were $1 and served in plastic pot glasses. pure filth that stuff was.

here here Katie.

cm2 it's a silly discussion which mmm I am contributing to... we all know i am silly... should see me drunk...

My partner puts solar panels on rich peoples homes, every so often (nearly every day) he will be offered a beer... in which you can guess it's either a TED's, Carlton Dry, Super Dry etc. Do you think he declines no way not after spending a whole day on a roof when its being in the high 30's... goes back easy. These are people with lots of dollars it's what they choose to drink. They dont even know we call it megaswill, this is a forum were we make beer.... we discuss beer... Not sure why people care if we hurt the feelings of the megaswill. As Fents pointed out earlier he only just drank one today. Fents drinks megaswill ner ner ner ner. How could you....

What are we taking about again... Katie get back to testing software...

cm2 it's a silly discussion which mmm I am contributing to... we all know i am silly... should see me drunk...

My partner puts solar panels on rich peoples homes, every so often (nearly every day) he will be offered a beer... in which you can guess it's either a TED's, Carlton Dry, Super Dry etc. Do you think he declines no way not after spending a whole day on a roof when its being in the high 30's... goes back easy. These are people with lots of dollars it's what they choose to drink. They dont even know we call it megaswill, this is a forum were we make beer.... we discuss beer... Not sure why people care if we hurt the feelings of the megaswill. As Fents pointed out earlier he only just drank one today. Fents drinks megaswill ner ner ner ner. How could you....

What are we taking about again... Katie get back to testing software...

Ultimately a lot of it comes down to ignorance, most people have never tried what most of use would call "real beer" and so will continue to buy what the advertisements say is beer.
Often when I go to parties I'll bring something like a corked bottle of La Fin du Monde or Saison Dupont, something completely different to what their experience of beer is. Usually it works and I get people asking where they can find stuff like that and other recommendations. :)

'the needle returned to the start of the song, and we all sang along as before' Del a mitri ish
I said it before and I'll say it again.
Beer is beer and then there is some more Beer.
I enjoy drinking and I have a problem. (where's that AA link again)
I like beer.
Lets return to talk about real beer.
What is a beer.
It is undistilled fermented sugars, mainly extracted from grains that is carbed up.
So drink up and shut up :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back