Megafactories: Heineken

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good program to show an insight into brewing.

Although the narrator mispronounced wort. It's wert!

Loved how they reused all the water from RO to power the place and nearby towns.

Have watched a few megafactories and Heineken is still the most amazing. Their own water treatment plant, their own power station (or sub station I forget), their own port. Very impressive.

Do they talk about how Heineken and the other mega brewers take over small monastery and other small ancient breweries, rip out all the traditional brewing gear replacing it with stainless everything and turn it into another heineken/stella factory?

Not just Heineken. The likes of Greene King (Greed King) in the UK are doing a similar job on old family UK breweries. Wolverhampton and Dudley were doing likewise, although with their acquisition of Marstons they seem to have settled down for a spell, and have even let Camerons of Hartlepool back off the leash. :)

Just that Heineken have been doing it for longer.

Do they talk about how Heineken and the other mega brewers take over small monastery and other small ancient breweries, rip out all the traditional brewing gear replacing it with stainless everything and turn it into another heineken/stella factory?

no its all a very positive view on how good everything they do is,
Very interesting none the less, especially the tasters tasting from other plants all around the world, i wonder if they have tasted the rubbish that BUL makes here...

Making their own power is pretty cool, then feeding excess back into the grid.

Taped this show and watched it last night.
Interesting viewing.
Cant believe they have their own port and power station. and some amazing stats about brewing enough stubbies that if you stood them side by side theyd go round the earth 4 times and they sell enough heineken in a year to fill Wembly stadium to the brim 15 times.
Its just a shame that its all the same boring lager.
Has anybody tried any of those other brews they showed? any decent ones? I dont think I've seen any apart from the amstel.

Latest posts

Back