Medium Sized Regulator?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeener

Reaction score
I'm looking for a medium sized regulator to use in replacement of my pro mini reg that I got with my mini keg. I was going to grab the keg king MKIII Dual Regulator, however its a lot bigger then I realised.

Is there any good regulators that's a step up from the mini and still reasonably sized (& priced)?

Thanks

What dimensions are you after?

In my opinion, the CIG Comet regs are some of the better regs you will find on the market, and are approx 1/2 the diameter of the KK ones.

Much more exxy than the KK ones, but they aren't a toy like the KK ones. ;)

I have had this one for about 30 years.

Dual_Comet_Reg.jpg

Thanks, I might get myself a Harris. It's a little more then I planned to spend but I'm sure it's better than having a pro mini regulator.

I have a harris 601 and it's fairly compact. happy with it - 7yr warranty. No prv like the kk or micromatic tho

I have a harris 601 and it's fairly compact. happy with it - 7yr warranty. No prv like the kk or micromatic tho

They have an internal self seating PRV. This is quite acceptable for the home brew market, but perhaps not appropriate for commercial use, as this style of PRV is not able to vent full cylinder pressure in the event of catastrophic regulator failure. Most HB guys only use small cylinders.

Sorry I meant a manual pressure release to purge the line. I'm always having to push on the inside of the disconnect to purge and drop pressure

Latest posts

Back