Matsos Mango Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Local IGA had this in the fridge so I brought one to try. I lived in Broome for 18 years and spent many a Sunday arvo drinking at Matsos and always enjoyed their beers. But either my tastes have changed or their beers have.

This was a very dry sweet beer with no head and large Co2 bubbles. Reminded me of a sweet champagne or sparkling wine.

Perhaps its more suited to a hot wet season drinking session and thats why I enjoyed it so much at the brewery, but certainly not something I would buy again.

The store manager said they would be getting in some other Matsos beers such as Smokey bishop and the Pearlers Pale Ale

matsos.jpg

Yeh it tastes a bit like passito or something. The Pearler's pale ale is lovely though, albeit a bit steep at $70 a carton at my local.

Yes, not a beer but a sparkling mango wine if you ask me.

There is a woman on the label drinking it :unsure:

There is a woman on the label drinking it :unsure:
My missus hated it too. I had to pour hers down the sink and get her a stout just to get rid of the taste.

If its half as good as their ginger beer it will be awesome!!!!!! :chug:

The missus loves it, but that might be a testament to its lack of any beer related qualities. Definitely worth a try though.

I don't mind a smokey bishop or a pearler if it's on the menu, and it seems to be gaining popularity in perth. Usually better than the other options.

Bought one while on holidays from a bottlo in Freo before I discovered the Freo Dr Bottlo..........

WAY tooooooooo sweet to be called a beer. I brewed a mango weizen last summer and it was weizen with a hint of mango. This was mango cordial, with a hint of ginger beer, with a pooft-enth of real beer. Belongs in the alcopops section.

I had some a couple of years ago up in Broome, defiantly quite sweet (alcopops) but thought it was really good. However it was stinking hot and I had not had a beer for a month! Could not drink too many though

Latest posts

Back