Matso's Ginger Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dan what he is implying is that it isnt beer
buy some ginger essence blend a little dex
add some other stuff
then you have commerical beverage
i suppose u could call it brewin
or better tagged as blending

Definition of Brewing (from Google of course !) : the production of malt beverages (as beer or ale) from malt and hops by grinding and boiling them and fermenting the result with liquid yeast

If you choose to BLEND the products which you have BREWED, then you are still a brewer.

If you choose to blend products which you have purchased then you are a blender.

i use
1 can morgans giner beer
1kg dextrose
1 bottle of honey 400-500gram
2 heaped teaspoons ground ginger
makes 25 litres nice easy recipe with a creamy head

Matso's Ginger Beer had/has a "quantity" of Chilli in it. ;)
Send the current brewer a message on Facebook (for those that have it). he may divulge some secrets.
:D

By Mika's rationale then the packaged Matso's Ginger Beer is a blended beverage. I know because I blend it. The alcohol comes from grape ferment, but unfortunately this does not exclude the "beer" from the alcopop tax.

If you are looking to clone the draught version of Matso's Ginger Beer that you tasted in Broome then perhaps take the above advice any contact the Broome brewer.

If you are looking to clone the draught version of Matso's Ginger Beer that you tasted in Broome then perhaps take the above advice any contact the Broome brewer.
Hi all so what was the outcome of the above?

Also seeing that Coopers ginger beer kit has been discontinued what is the recommended substitute for it?
Oh yer I love Matso's GB tooo

So to step into this conversation a bit late.......

There is a Bulk product available made by Kerry - Ginger Beer Concentrate Premix, available in a 15Kg cube.
I'm trialing it at the moment.

One of the advantages of drinking ginger beer is that it is Gluten free!
But with the addition of Malt this would then not be Gluten free? (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Now without starting a fight about soft-drink and beer, what i really want to do is THICKEN the drink up, give it some body.
Presumably the coopers GB was made using malt?
Other people use malt in there recipes presumably to thicken the mix up and give it better mouth feel.

Would introducing pulp be the answer? for some reason i was thinking pineapple juice.

I cant wait to try out some of the recipes above, awesome ideas, but I want to tackle the issue of putting some body into the GB first and improve the mouth feel and yet still keep it Gluten Free.

So, going back to the original post, looking to re-make the Matso's Ginger Beer

Here's the clues I can find

"Its refreshing nature comes from its simple ingredients.
Matso Ginger Beer is only made from water, ginger, lemon juice, sugar and yeast."

upload_2020-2-12_10-16-47.png

Can anyone give a best guess on the recipe ?

Latest posts

Back