Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Matho, Id like to move up the list. Could you please send me the names and addresses of the people ahead of me ;)

I can't wait to start building this! Steve you mentioned in the controller PDF that your "cheap dremel ripoff" doesn't cut the plastic too well. Dremel make a plastic cutting wheel and I have used it a few times they don't work to bad. You might get it to fit your dremel ripoff.

Ok so the price of the kit will be $45 which includes postage to anywhere in australia.

The total cost of the build is hard to say as it depends on your choices but to build the box in the picture
it cost

Kit $45
Bonjuino $22.50
12v powersupply $7 Ebay
SSR $4.95 Ebay
BOX $23.95 jaycar HB6224
IEC power Male $4.95 jaycar PP4009
IEC power female $4.95 jaycar PS4002
3 x black pushbuttons $14.85 jaycar SP0656
1 x red pushbutton $4.95 jayacr SP0657
2 pin connector M $2.95 jaycar PP2013
4 pin connector M $2.95 jaycar PP2010
2 pin connector F $2.95 jaycar PS2014
4 pin connector F $2.95 jaycar PS2012
Heatsink $8.95 jaycar HH8572
---------------------------------------------------
total: $153.85

tools required:
wire cutters/strippers
fine point soldering iron
drill and drill bits
hacksaw and files

now there will be extra costs like wires, heatshrink, heatsink compound and mounting standoffs and screws
I used wires off an old ATA PC powersupply which were 18awg and V90 rated which is good for 300v and 15amps

cheers steve

Matho if you happen to still have the links for the ebay purchases/sellers would you mind posting them? Thanks in advance.

those instructions are well written, I even understood the PID explanation, though as they say a lil knowledge is a dangerous thing :huh:

I have just put together a ZIP file containing all the manuals, programs and EAGLE files I used to make the brauduino, feel free to use,share and develop it as this now belongs to the AHB community.

The brauduino ZIP

cheers steve

I got my Bonjuino off Bonj last week and the Braumiser shield off Matho today, here are a few pics, both pretty much complete.

The Bonjuino
IMG_1006.jpg

The Braumiser shield front
IMG_1004.jpg

The Braumiser shield Back
IMG_1003.jpg

And the Bonjuino and Braumiser shield together.
IMG_1007.jpg

Now just have to get down to jaycar for a few bits and pieces!

Thanks to Matho an Bonj!

Cheers ampy

You've done an amazing job thanks Steve!

no worries mate

I got my Bonjuino off Bonj last week and the Braumiser shield off Matho today, here are a few pics, both pretty much complete.

The Bonjuino
IMG_1006.jpg

The Braumiser shield front
IMG_1004.jpg

The Braumiser shield Back
IMG_1003.jpg

And the Bonjuino and Braumiser shield together.
IMG_1007.jpg

Now just have to get down to jaycar for a few bits and pieces!

Thanks to Matho an Bonj!

Cheers ampy

looks awesome ampy, thanks for posting the pics

cheers steve

I was reading AS 3100:2009 Approval and test specification - General requirements for electrial equipment and it states in 4.6.1 joints and insulation:
"Stranded conductors shall not be consolidated by lead -tin soldering where they are subject to contact pressure, unless the clamping means is so designed that there is no risk of bad contact due to cold flow of the solder"
so that means that where I recommed soldering or 'tinning' the ends of the wire before inserting into the screw connectors, please disregard.

cheers steve

recieved mine today, Thanks steve.

Ampy thanks for showing me the daunting task that lay ahead!! nah going to get a friend to solder the boards up, waiting for my "pocket money" so I can place an order with bonj, when his kit are back in stock.

Steve I think you've created some threads that may out live some of us here, well done to all for their input.

just order 50 more PCB's so they should be here buy the end of the month

Got mine in the mail today and am really impressed with the packaging and the whole thing. If ever there was an AHBer of the year, Matho would win it hands down. Now, time to dig out that urn I've had put away for yonks.

cheers

Browndog

Got mine in the mail today and am really impressed with the packaging and the whole thing. If ever there was an AHBer of the year, Matho would win it hands down. Now, time to dig out that urn I've had put away for yonks.

cheers

Browndog

cool, I had a look at the tracking today and the last event was sydney mail center, I thought it might have got lost.

cheers steve

Latest posts

Back