Matho's controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there are 30 people going to require this gear imagine what kind of pricing we could get if a bulk buy was arranged!

Thanks Matho for all your hard work on this, the photo's have been tops and the breakdown of parts has been super helpful as well.

Clint

Do you sell the Bonjuino or where is it procured from?

Thanks for putting the list together - I'm sure your how-to instructions will be easy to follow. Cheers

Do you sell the Bonjuino or where is it procured from?

Thanks for putting the list together - I'm sure your how-to instructions will be easy to follow. Cheers
iralosavic, I sell the Bonjuino as a kit. There is a link in my signature below. Alternatively, any arduino or clone with the same form factor as the official board, will fit the shield.

Please note that I currently have 4 Bonjuino kits available. When they are gone, I will need a 2-3 week lead time to produce more.

Make that 3 kits...

If there are 30 people going to require this gear imagine what kind of pricing we could get if a bulk buy was arranged!

Thanks Matho for all your hard work on this, the photo's have been tops and the breakdown of parts has been super helpful as well.

Clint

Even better would be for Matho to contact a Chinese manufacturer and tell them what to build, quality control it (hard part) and then sell it globally for less than $100!

Hop to it Matho :D

Phase 1 - Collect parts
Phase 2 - ?
Phase 3 - Profit

gnomes.jpg

2 bonjuino kits left

Should be one left now, unless I missed out, just purchased one.
You're correct.

1 bonjuino kit left.

Currently pricing up another run of 10. I can do more than 10 if I get definite orders.

Bonj, Definite order. Tell me how to pay.

Matho, you've registered my order right?

So to be clear: the bonj from bonj, the kit from matho and the rest I can sort out with jaycar or eBay? Then that's all I need to build it?

So to be clear: the bonj from bonj, the kit from matho and the rest I can sort out with jaycar or eBay? Then that's all I need to build it?

spot on Yorg, you are on the list for the second order so thats cool.

I have made up a PDF showing what you get in the kit so there is no confusion

View attachment brauduino_parts_list.pdf

cheers steve

I feel that I should make sure everyone knows that in order to program a bonjuino, one needs either a programming cable such as this, or a breakout/dongle such as this or this (cheaper option).

Except for today's first sale, which is already posted (sorry mate, we'll sort something out for you if you need it), I will flash the current version of matho's code to the chip so the programmer won't be necessary unless you want to modify the code.

Yorg, the link is in my sig below: http://www.bigfathooker.com/bfh/bonjuino.php

make sure you read the description on the page before you decide to order because there are a couple of surface mount components there.
Alternatively, you might wish to wait for the next batch, which will have the surface mount caps replaced with through-hole versions.

Up to you.

Yorg, the link is in my sig below: http://www.bigfathooker.com/bfh/bonjuino.php

make sure you read the description on the page before you decide to order because there are a couple of surface mount components there.
Alternatively, you might wish to wait for the next batch, which will have the surface mount caps replaced with through-hole versions.

Up to you.

Looks like you'd want to be better than I am at soldering in order to attempt these kits!

Even better would be for Matho to contact a Chinese manufacturer and tell them what to build, quality control it (hard part) and then sell it globally for less than $100!

Hop to it Matho :D

Phase 1 - Collect parts
Phase 2 - ?
Phase 3 - Profit

shhhhh! John, my plan for world domination is a secret. Just one step at a time. mehehehehe!

Matho,Brilliant work mate, well done.Would your kit be suitable for a double batch set up? I want to build something like this with a final volume of beer of 40 liters - ie 2 kegs. I guess I will need pot of approx 60 - 70 liters to achiev this.
Cheers

Currently have 2 Bonjuino rv1 Bonjuino boards left.

Matho,Brilliant work mate, well done.Would your kit be suitable for a double batch set up? I want to build something like this with a final volume of beer of 40 liters - ie 2 kegs. I guess I will need pot of approx 60 - 70 liters to achiev this.
Cheers

the controller has been designed to control a braumeister style brewing system so if that is what your planing to build then it will work, I have a 25amp SSR in the box but you could go with a 40Amp one (might need a bigger heatsink) and it will be right to control at least a 3600w element, the relay that controls the pump is rated at 240vAC 5 amps / 30vDC 5 amp so it should be right to control a couple of pumps too. The unit controls the SSR and its the SSR that carries the current so the unit can control what ever current the SSR can handle

cheers steve

Thanks Matho for the quick reply,I am not very electrically minded, but I think I understand what you mean. So the 40 amp SSR just needs a bigger diameter wire and heat shrink to run my proposed system.I want to pretty much copy your brilliant set up, just bigger. As it's one vessel, it will only need one pump right? ....you mentioned pumps that's why I am checking.

..........oh and by the way, can you please put me down for one of your kits too please?
Bonj - can you put me down for one of your kits as well please?
Once again, great work
Cheers
Swampy

Thanks Matho for the quick reply,I am not very electrically minded, but I think I understand what you mean. So the 40 amp SSR just needs a bigger diameter wire and heat shrink to run my proposed system.I want to pretty much copy your brilliant set up, just bigger. As it's one vessel, it will only need one pump right? ....you mentioned pumps that's why I am checking.

..........oh and by the way, can you please put me down for one of your kits too please?
Bonj - can you put me down for one of your kits as well please?
Once again, great work
Cheers
Swampy
Swampy, the link to the kits is here. Make sure you read the description and understand specifically about the surface mount components. If you doubt your ability to do the surface mount stuff, then you're better off waiting for the next batch which is all through-hole.

Latest posts

Back