Mathos Brauduino - Odd behaviour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mattie, its the same issue as above. You need to copy the folders I posted to the libraries folder in the arduino folders.

Yeah sorted it lael, read the code and downloaded the missing libraries via google

mattieharding said:
Yeah sorted it lael, read the code and downloaded the missing libraries via google
nice work!

Thank you Guys really very help me to solve the same problem.
Cheers :super: :chug:

Cosmic Bertie said:
Also, at the startup screen, if I hold down the 'UP' button, I appear to have a 'Sous Vide' mode.....now, as much as I like low and slow cooking, this is a bit weird.

Anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

CB
A 'Sous Vide' mode sounds bloody awesome, might have to look into that myself

Lael, is this easily done?

well... somewhat - It worked great! but i broke manual mode as cosmic mentioned above. I haven't gone back to look at how to fix it properly yet - just reflashed the real code as I wanted to brew :)

I was butchering the auto mode to create a mode that would pump for 15mins then take a break for 2mins. Happy to post what I was doing if you want to see / can code? It's the first time I've looked at arduino - really was a butchering.

mattieharding said:
Getting the following error when I complile the code, am I missing something?

sketch_may22a:102: error: 'PID' does not name a type
sketch_may22a.ino: In function 'void PID_HEAT()':
sketch_may22a:240: error: 'myPID' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may22a:244: error: 'myPID' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may22a.ino: In function 'void load_pid_settings()':
sketch_may22a:264: error: 'myPID' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may22a.ino: In function 'void setup()':
sketch_may22a:1011: error: 'myPID' was not declared in this scope
sketch_may22a:1011: error: 'AUTOMATIC' was not declared in this scope

lael said:
Hi Mattie, its the same issue as above. You need to copy the folders I posted to the libraries folder in the arduino folders.

mattieharding said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm building the controller from a kit supplied by Lael (thank you very, very much Lael). When I try to verify the code, I get exactly the same errors as Mattie. I am obviously doing something very dumb, but I think I've tried every combination of where to put the libraries... within their own folders..... the ***.cpp and ***.h files just in the Arduino folder... made a 'libraries' folder within the Arduino folder and put them in there - in their own sub folders and then without their own subfolders. The selected port is /dev/tty.usbmodemmfd131 and the board is selected as an Arduino Uno. In short; I think I'm going insane.
The code I'm using came directly from Lael, there is one folder with the maim Brauduino 2 code and then another called OneWire that contains three library folders, LiquidCrystal, OneWire and PID_v1. I'm trying to load the code with the Arduino connected to my Mac using a usb cable, so anything I might have got wrong building the rest of the controller can't be effecting it.
As I say, I'm 100% sure it's something incredibly stupid, on my behalf. Lael has been extremely helpful, but it isn't fair using him as international support! Please will someone explain to me, in terms suitable for an imbecile, where the Arduino folder should be, what should be in it, sub folder structure, exactly how to go about loading the code and libraries in the Arduino Mac software.
Thank you, in advance. I'm now going to lock myself in a padded cell.

Hi,
I've sorted it! I'll post properly soon and explain what I was doing wrong.

It was all down to where I had the libraries stored on the Mac.
The Arduino software created a folder called Arduino, and I mistakenly thought I should put the libraries in this folder. I tried various combinations of sub folders, but obviously nothing worked. I then discovered another Arduino folder within the documents folder.... this worked!

xxxx = the Arduino libraries.

This didn't work:

gareth/library/Arduino/xxxx

This did work:
gareth/documents/Arduino/Libraries/xxxx

Hope that makes sense.

lael said:
Here you go - unzip and place the folders in your 'libraries' folder.
im having trouble with my pump not turning on so i'm going to add the one wire file but i'm unsure how to do it any help would be great

Back