Massive Trub Wit.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenp

Reaction score
Just completed a rather succesful brew day after much research brewing my first Belgian Witbier where all targets were met.

Looking at the OG sample left sitting on the bench there is a massive amount of trub forming. This of course is no doubt due to the 50% raw wheat I used but its got me thinking should I crash chill in the fermenter fridge then rack to a fresh fermenter before pitching or just wait until it reaches pitching temp and go with what we have. I've heard this works well with clear beers such as Pilseners but just wondering if its worthwhile with the Wit. Any thoughts much apreciated. :huh:

That was quick.

I think you might be right. Probably not worth the hassle and anyway I'm starting to think that any minute now SWMBO is going to poke her head out and tell me to get inside.

But I might just wait a bit anyway.

I know you're probably enjoying (or finished) this beer by now but I'm guessing what you call trub forming was just cold break and proteins.

I leave them be. Rach to secondary first once majority of fermentation complete then CC before bottling/kegging. It will all settle in the end.

Latest posts

Back