Mashmaster Minimill, Bolt Sizes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortex

Reaction score
Picked up a MiniMill this week, but I don't know what size the bolts on the top and bottom for attaching it to a hopper or mounting it are. Can't find any info on the MM site, and trying 6mm, 7mm and 8mm bolts all failed. 6mm threaded in a few threads then jams. Leads me to believe it's imperial...? Would hope not being Australian...

Can someone clear up the bolt size?

Picked up a MiniMill this week, but I don't know what size the bolts on the top and bottom for attaching it to a hopper or mounting it are. Can't find any info on the MM site, and trying 6mm, 7mm and 8mm bolts all failed. 6mm threaded in a few threads then jams. Leads me to believe it's imperial...? Would hope not being Australian...

Can someone clear up the bolt size?
Hey there, I use 1/4 inch x 25 mm zenith screws from bunnings

Thanks, Yeah I did read about that. Unless it's out in the next week I don't think I can wait that long :)
I guess I could just build a temporary one for now :)

here is what i did with a cheap officeworks water bottle

the top plate is 19mm MDF and the hole is about 53mm

it holds the water bottle neck tight right down near the rollers and stops any grain falling over the back of the rollers inside the mill
i tried to do a "chute" style one but the grain would fall back over the back of the rollers un-milled due to my un-co fabrication abilities...

works well for me with my bunnings spade handle mixing drill

DSCF5047.JPG

DSCF5048.JPG

DSCF5049.JPG

I need to get a bigger bottle! My juice bottle hopper only holds a kilo and a half of grain.
Would that office works water bottle screw straight into a juice bottle cap?

Maheel said:
here is what i did with a cheap officeworks water bottle

the top plate is 19mm MDF and the hole is about 53mm

it holds the water bottle neck tight right down near the rollers and stops any grain falling over the back of the rollers inside the mill
i tried to do a "chute" style one but the grain would fall back over the back of the rollers un-milled due to my un-co fabrication abilities...

works well for me with my bunnings spade handle mixing drill
I'm a few years late on this thread but my assistant brewer ( aka 3yr old ) knocked over my MiniMill today & smashed the perspex hopper.
I've measured up a couple of pieces of 10mm timber for a base plate which I'll screw together but wondering how you install the bottle in the hole. Does it just sit in there?
Will 1/4" bolts be what I need to mount the timber base plate?

1/4" worked for my minimill.

Picked up some countersunk SS screws from Bunglings that worked a treat.

I built a hopper from mdf but I imagine if you made the hole an interference fit and ensure enough depth it would stay in place. Especially once you put a few kilos of grain in it.

I know there is a PDF of a cad template available to print for cutting out a wood hopper similar to the perspex hopper design.

I tried looking but I can't find it!

Someone else might be able to help in this department.

I too have the Mashmaster MiniMill. I purchased the perspex hopper. It's a bit of a pain that it only holds 2kg of grain. Not the end of the world though...

My bottle just sits in there even full to the brim with 11kg. I also cut the tops off the mounting bolts so the base is also removable. Also never needed to bolt it down.

20150311_201540.jpg

Back