Mashmaster Fluted Roll Mill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbly

Reaction score
Considering replacing/upgrading my 2 roll Crankandstein grain mill and was wondering what brewers experience with the above mill has been.

What gap do you mill at particularly if milling grain for a Braumeister or Grainfather

Cheers

Wobbly

I only have one with one fluted roller and one knurled but my experience with that set up has been excellent, so I can only assume the two fluted rollers would be as good if not better. Don't know about the gap setting for those systems, as I BIAB in an urn. I mill the grain pretty coarse though, finer crushes don't work for me.

I went from a 2 roller Kegking mill to one of these. Love it, the grist is much more consistant.

I can only imagine after only glowing reviews for the Mashmaster Minimill, this change must have had good intentions and research to back it up. I have a minimill with knurls rollers, but I am looking to get a fluted version.

I just bought the twin fluted a few weeks back, compared to my cheap one from evil bay, this thing is a weapon...

Feels awesome as it crushes, the grain is milled so much better, consistant husks, I've done 2 batches now, grav points up 3-5 over previous mill, sparging soooo much better.
Love it, you won't regret it.

I use a grainfather .

Also a Mashmaster convert. I have mine set like this:

IMG_20161214_190224.jpg

Milling for a Grainfather but have only made two batches since milling with the Mashmaster so might need a bit more dialing in but so far so good. It's a beast, it weighs a ton, you could use it as a weapon. With a bit of luck, this should be the last grain mill I ever need to buy.

Mardoo said:
You got their hopper? Been wondering whether to go with their hopper or the good old 25L bukkit.
Yep, went for the mashmaster hopper. It was a bit pricey really for a few sheets of metal but as I'm no fabricator, seemed easier to just fork out rather than pissing around DIYing something up. It's pretty good though! For several sheets of metal, anyway.

Was there some sort of issue with the fit of the bearings being too tight or something or was that only to do with the replacement rolls to replace the knurled ones in an existing mill

Cheers

Wobbly

my experience has been great; highly recommended. As for the gap, I use .85mm, but I've got a 3V system. So may not be appropriate for your application.

Yeah just the replacement ones, easily enough fixed though.

I also got the new hopper recently. Love it, I can put the whole batch worth of grain into it at once and mill it straight into the catching bucket in a matter of minutes. The only problem I've got is that I lost the gear guard that originally came with the mill, and the deflector thingy in the hopper does **** all. But, there are plenty of sheets of metal around here so it won't be too hard to make up a new guard. Will get onto that next week as I have a brew day planned.

Current set up here:

IMG_1036.JPG

Rocker1986 said:
Yeah just the replacement ones, easily enough fixed though.

I also got the new hopper recently. Love it, I can put the whole batch worth of grain into it at once and mill it straight into the catching bucket in a matter of minutes. The only problem I've got is that I lost the gear guard that originally came with the mill, and the deflector thingy in the hopper does **** all. But, there are plenty of sheets of metal around here so it won't be too hard to make up a new guard. Will get onto that next week as I have a brew day planned.

Current set up here:
Drop me an email [email protected] and I will see if I can fix you up with a spare guard guard. The guard in the hopper was designed to stop a few grains from sitting on top of the guard guard.

my experience has been great; highly recommended. As for the gap, I use .85mm, but I've got a 3V system. So may not be appropriate for your application.

MB-S

Is this mill gap for twin fluted rollers?

Any other twin fluted roller millers care to comment?

Cheers,

Wally

First brew on the Grainfather(thanks santa) today and using the mm mini mill. went with the widest gap but was out a bit with gravity. Sparged really easy so will go with a finer crush next time.

I’d love one of these mills but it seems that all retailers are out of stock (I’m wondering if they are still being made)
Would anyone have one for sale (I’m looking for a twin fluted model)

Latest posts

Back