Mash Tun Questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brizbrew

Reaction score
Aside from my venture into cutting the top off a few kegs I am deep in research into mash/lauter tuns and the various options for the homemade variety.
As is often the case I have a few questions.
Has anyone tried combining a slit copper pipe manifold with a homemade style easymasher/SS braid hose and what were the results like?
Another thing I am not sure about is when you cut the slits into the copper pipe do you place it facing up or down? up seems logical but down would probably be the better option to stop it getting clogged? Am I overlooking something?

I am going to buy a cylinder style esky to convert, what size is regarded here to be optimum? Kmart have a 15L for $50 is this the go or too small?

Brizbrew said:
Aside from my venture into cutting the top off a few kegs I am deep in research into mash/lauter tuns and the various options for the homemade variety.
As is often the case I have a few questions.
Has anyone tried combining a slit copper pipe manifold with a homemade style easymasher/SS braid hose and what were the results like?
Another thing I am not sure about is when you cut the slits into the copper pipe do you place it facing up or down? up seems logical but down would probably be the better option to stop it getting clogged? Am I overlooking something?

I am going to buy a cylinder style esky to convert, what size is regarded here to be optimum? Kmart have a 15L for $50 is this the go or too small?
[post="63478"][/post]​

Brizbrew what part of brizzy are you ?..it would probably be better if you saw somthing up front, and even watched a few grain brewes, it will help you out no end and you will get a good idea of what your dooing, and why your doing it

I am living a stones throw from the HBS at Chapel Hill and popped in there last week to pick up a few things, got talking to the guy behind the counter and I got the impression that he is kept pretty busy with local brewers.
I would love to watch/take part in a brew session with somebody more experienced than I.

Brizbrew said:
I am living a stones throw from the HBS at Chapel Hill and popped in there last week to pick up a few things, got talking to the guy behind the counter and I got the impression that he is kept pretty busy with local brewers.
I would love to watch/take part in a brew session with somebody more experienced than I.
[post="63482"][/post]​

Perhaps another starter fpr GMK's brew day visit?

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...pic=5314&hl=gmk

Your welcome to join us at this one Brizbrew , I am sure the boys down there with put one on before GMK's visit. I believe they will also do a brew day in Brissy for GMK

Batz

brizbrew,

i generally brew twice a week down logan way & anyone is always most welcome to come around...

Thanks for the help and offers of attending brewdays, it is something I would like to do in the near future, bit busy for the next few Weeks but after that.....

Maybe I will bump into one or two of you at the Chapel Hill store.

Hi every one
This is my first post. I attended a demo at the home of Ross a few weeks ago. I became infected with the All Grain bug. Since then I have put together the equipment and with advice from Batz And Ross I sucessfully mashed 50ltrs of Batz Alt beer on the monday of the long weekend. After the event and with reflection I think it is extremely beneficial to see a mash done before you attempt your first one. I am very gratefull to both Ross and Batz for their help and to Lyndsey and Danny at Quality Home Brew supplies.

Back