Mash tun insulation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use this bubble insulation for my urn with basic duct tape to hold it, great success over my last 4 batches now. My temp drop is now less than 1d over 1 hour, but that's also with the sleeping bag over it as well. I think it was about $20 on fleabay. IMG_2501.JPG

I use this bubble insulation for my urn with basic duct tape to hold it, great success over my last 4 batches now. My temp drop is now less than 1d over 1 hour, but that's also with the sleeping bag over it as well. I think it was about $20 on fleabay.View attachment 108706

I've got the same stuff, also confirming it works well. I dont' have it attached permanently, BIAB setup, so it comes off for the boil, or it gets melty... I probably need to look at replacing it now, seems to be a bit too melted, not fitting too nice any more, etc... Seeing cheap foam mats a KMart makes me think that rout might be a good way to go.

I keep mine on for the boil and take off after for cooling and cleaning, like a sleeve. No problem with melting as yet, and run of the mill duct tape holding it together. Up to 5 batches with it after today's effort.

Ended up finding some insulation at my brother's place and made this up tonight:

DSC_0058_1.JPG

Just gotta get some luggage straps to tighten it up a bit now.

Latest posts

Back