Mash Tun Bits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Sth Seas Pirate Brewery
Reaction score
im building a mashtun based on sosman's wiki pics. got the esky, a hooker hose, copper t & some clamps. went to mr stainless in drummoyne but could only get ss washers there. went to the stainless shop in taren pt road & bought a ball valve, a hose tail & some more washers :) he didnt have the right size ss nuts or any threaded pipe/nipple.

linz mentioned john glen fasteners in homebush, but couldnt find them in the ph book. will have a drive down parra rd sun or mon. havent tried swagelock or prochem.bunnings has brass pipe & nuts.

anyone else in sydney had better luck or suggestions for ss threaded pipe ?

cheers

I went throught the same thing Redbeard !
I got most of my gear from 'Andrews Hardware' in Carringbah....little independant h,ware......cheap as chips too !! and has all that wierd sh#@ you might be looking for.
Pity i hadn't told you while you were in T,Point eh......
Anyway, good luck with it........and its all worth it in the end !

Cheers

redbeard said:

As you suggested Redbeard. Prochem.
That is where I got my threaded SS pipe from for my inline aeration assembly.
They are at Fairfield West though.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
redbeard said:

As you suggested Redbeard. Prochem.
That is where I got my threaded SS pipe from for my inline aeration assembly.
They are at Fairfield West though.

Beers,
Doc

I am a long way from Sydney but hope I can be of help here?
Doc, you had better luck than me. Prochem in Brisbane do not stock the ss parallel thread tubing but they stocked the ss BSP to Metric connector needed to fit the ss compression nut (also stocked) to the all-thread tubing that redbeard may want for his kettle drain tube. :) The stainless 1\2" BSP all-thread tubing is very hard to find (IMHO), but you can get it from Geordi Stainless Sales Pty Ltd in Melbourne if Prochem doesn't work out. They will post it to you if required. :D

Latest posts

Back