Mash Tonight...brew Tomorrow Night

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well now my brown pumps f@&$d up again. Seems to stop as soon as I ramp up to 76C. Did the same thing last time.

You've all got me paranoid enuff to boil tonight but I will switch to no chill so I can just cube it and leave it and don't have to worry about setting up all the hoses and crap.
I could move the urn inside but I'm stuffed and just wanted an earlier night than what I'm now going to get.

Thanks for the advice.

Go back to the bag young Skywalker...............its your only hope.

24 hour boil? It may end up being a small batch. I've boiled for about 6 hours due to falling asleep on the couch. I just filled the kettle up with water & boiled for another hour with hops. Then I went to a case swap & fell asleep on the floor.

Why did you mash in if you knew you were too f@#$%d to finish it? It's a bit like tapping the mrs on the shoulder and then saying 'know what? I can't be f@#$%d tonight, I'll finish tomorrow'. You just have to finish :p
LOL - I was thinking the same thing without a good simile.

LOL - I was thinking the same thing without a good simile.
Because I didn't feel stuffed when I first started. Anyway decided to stick it out and it's boiling now.

Because I didn't feel stuffed when I first started. Anyway decided to stick it out and it's boiling now.
I don't blame you. I often have a few brews and feel stuck in brew day. The cleaning often gets left to the next day in this case.

I don't blame you. I often have a few brews and feel stuck in brew day. The cleaning often gets left to the next day in this case.

My cleaning always gets left until the next day.. :D

Seriously this comes up regular as clockwork, and every time the answer is the same.
Its far from best practice and your beer wont be as good.
If you want to brew there are really good reasons why the process is conducted in a well understood and described manner. If you want to change the process radically odds on you will run into problems, people have been deliberately turning grain into alcohol since the Stone Age, we have had time to work out what works and what doesnt.
I cant see an upside and there are plenty of reasons why it could harm your beer so split brewing is best avoided if you can.
Mark

Seriously this comes up regular as clockwork, and every time the answer is the same.
It's far from best practice and your beer won't be as good.
If you want to brew there are really good reasons why the process is conducted in a well understood and described manner. If you want to change the process radically odds on you will run into problems, people have been deliberately turning grain into alcohol since the Stone Age, we have had time to work out what works and what doesn't.
I can't see an upside and there are plenty of reasons why it could harm your beer so split brewing is best avoided if you can.
Mark

You took his post seriously. I thought he was takin the piss. He does have over 1200 posts afterall :blink:

You took his post seriously. I thought he was takin the piss. He does have over 1200 posts afterall :blink:

Why would I be taking the piss? Ive never done it before, never had to. And Im sure I saw a post on here once on someone who did but could not remember the outcome.

Whats 1200 posts got to do with anything? Im a social person.. :D

Why would I be taking the piss? Ive never done it before, never had to. And Im sure I saw a post on here once on someone who did but could not remember the outcome.

Whats 1200 posts got to do with anything? Im a social person.. :D

Hook line and sinker. I was takin the piss :lol:

Back