Mash to Brew - Build your own brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millsii

Reaction score
Hi,

We have recently started our online store to provide the home brewer with the equipment and materials needed to convert their pot into an automated electric brewery.

Our aim is to reduce the time and effort required to source parts to build your own brewery at home. We have had temperature sensors custom made, electric heating elements tailored to suit Australian/New Zealand power standards and only source fittings with BSP threads.

All orders over $200 will have the option of free shipping via Australia Post Parcel Post.

We are still expanding our product line up and are open to suggestions to products we should stock. For example, we will be stocking different types of PID controllers shortly.

Please feel free to contact me via the forum, on Facebook or directly on our website.

Cheers,
Joe Mills

Good luck with your venture, do you have any thoughts on supplying control panels pumps taps etc?

Thanks wide eyed and legless!

We currently have a pump in stock with stainless steel head and 1/2" BSP fittings. Is this the type of pumps you are referring to, or something else?

We have thought about control panels/boxes, but just not quite sure what people would be looking for such as number of pumps, elements and sensors to plug into the panel/box. However, something for single vessel setups should be possible to provide something universal for those that don't want to build a customized setup.

When the PID controllers and Pi 3 boards arrive we are looking to have package deals with all the components required to build a control box, as well as providing the controllers separately.

What taps are you referring to?

Thanks again for the suggestions!

If someone has bought the vessels to start a brewery build he will need taps to transfer, if he is building a 3 V system, much easier buying all the fittings from one source than trawling through eBay, Alibaba and Ali express. (Nice looking pump by the way). There are plenty of threads on here with brewery builds listing all the fittings they have used, probably better to google them though than trying to find them.

If someone has bought the vessels to start a brewery build he will need taps to transfer, if he is building a 3 V system, much easier buying all the fittings from one source than trawling through eBay, Alibaba and Ali express. (Nice looking pump by the way). There are plenty of threads on here with brewery builds listing all the fittings they have used, probably better to google them though than trying to find them.

Thanks for the clarification! I had a brain fade when reading your previous post and thought you we talking about taps for a keg setup.

We currently have two types of valves available, single and 3 piece. If people are interested in the all in one valves with the hose barb on the end we can get those in as well.

As you say, the intention of our website is to be a one stop shop once people have their vessel(s). Appreciate the suggestion of doing some thread surfing!

We have significantly increased our range of heating elements to now include a number of three phase straight and circle heating elements. The circle heating elements are very low watt density due to the total length of element that can fit within the pot. All of the three phase elements can also be run as single phase.

We have significantly increased our range of heating elements to now include a number of three phase straight and circle heating elements. The circle heating elements are very low watt density due to the total length of element that can fit within the pot. All of the three phase elements can also be run as single phase.
Had a look at your website today, liking your elements, will be back once I’ve settled on my upgrade. Great work.

Had a look at your website today, liking your elements, will be back once I’ve settled on my upgrade. Great work.

Thanks for the feedback! They had been a little while in the making, so was great to see them arrive last week.

Last edited:
Hi MTB, do you have any solution for mounting those 3-phase ring elements in a 2" tri clamp port?

Thanks,

Hi MTB, do you have any solution for mounting those 3-phase ring elements in a 2" tri clamp port?

Thanks,
Sorry @Meddo hadn't considered that to be honest. We can have custom fittings made, but have large minimum quantities required, so we have tried to keep our range as standard as possible.

No worries, plenty of solutions for a 1" base but I can't find any for 1.5" bsp unfortunately.

No worries, plenty of solutions for a 1" base but I can't find any for 1.5" bsp unfortunately.

Not sure if a circle element would work with a try clamp port anyway? They need to be installed from inside the pot and the 1.5" thread length is only 12mm, so would struggle to reach an adapter thread on the other side of your 2" tri clamp port.

One of the straight elements would be the best bet as they are inserted from outside the pot.

They can, bit of a muck-around but they can be used in some of the common tri-clamp element guard kits - poke the element base through the port and then screw the guard on, then clamp back onto the port. Unfortunately all of those common ones are 1" BSP rather than 1.5" BSP.

My project requires a ring or sickle element, straight ones are out thanks anyway.

No worries @Meddo. Hopefully you find a solution for your project. We will keep an eye out for adapters that are possible for us to provide.

Just a quick update. We can now be contacted by phone on weekends 8am - 4pm AWST should you want to discuss any of our listed products. Outside of the weekend you can leave us a voice mail and we will return your call ASAP. As always we are also contactable via this forum, email and Facebook.

We now have a shipping arrangement to provide a flat rate shipping option to New Zealand of just $20 for any orders over $200.

Until the end of August receive 20% off all Temperature Sensors when any item from Controllers is purchased in the same order. Discount will be applied during checkout.

We now have a new shipping option via Sendle. This is a cheaper shipping option than Australia Post to all major town centres and International. However, it is more expensive to regional areas of Australia. Shipping via Australia Post is still available.

Hopefully this should save the majority of people some extra dollars on their order. The added bonus of Sendle is that their API provides an ETA based on shipping the next business day, which we display on our shipping estimates and checkout pages. As with Australia Post, tracking is also provided.

Hi!

Firstly, great shop! Wish i knew it was around when I was buying bits n pieces for my new rig. I've still got a few bits to buy though :)

Quick question: what's the difference between your PIDs? As in why is one $20 and the other is $50? Does the more expensive one have more features?

@blacktop™ Thanks for the comments! No worries, hopefully we can help you out with some of your remaining items.

In terms of function, there is nothing really different between the two PID controllers. The main difference is size and front panel display. The C100 displays both the set temp value and the current temp value, whereas the XMT7100 just displays the current temp. However, the XMT7100 is much smaller, so is suited to builds keeping the control box size to a minimum.

The pricing is purely related to the cost that we can source them for. We carry them both as to try and cater for different control box build requirements.

Latest posts

Back