Mash Paddle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleasure Master

Reaction score
Hi all, could someone help me out with some dimensions for a mash paddle to suit a keggle size mash tun?

Thinking of making one...

cheers

here's a good sized one for a keggle I just bought. It's 78cm so just scale it down from the image and you'll get a good quality guestimate of what size to go for.

speak with j-yo .. best paddle eva!!

Bit mean to use him as a mash paddle :(

My mash paddle looks like the one linked to by eddy22 but is 915mm long, with the paddle/head section 120mm x 230mm. The handle is probably on the longer side for the 50L keggle but it's not really an issue (no hot hands). 720mm is probably great if you stay with the 50L keggle. 920mm is excellent if you ever deiced to go to a larger kettle, and works great in my 140L kettle (what it was purchased for). When I got it there no holes in the paddle so I threw in 4 large holes. I got it from craftbrewer and from memory it was only around $20 or $30. Also craftbrewer did have some shorted ones.

QldKev

picked my mash weapon up at the local catering equipment supplies in Coffs for $13.50 this afternoon
and i've already made a meme with it
(sorry for the terrible quality and light levels, i made it in all of 30 seconds with a phone pic)
207514_10151331137243086_1656177347_n.jpg

picked my mash weapon up at the local catering equipment supplies in Coffs for $13.50 this afternoon
(sorry for the terrible quality and light levels, i made it in all of 30 seconds with a phone pic)
Totally dissapointed, was expecting to see a giant spork.

207514_10151331137243086_1656177347_n.jpg
I have that same one.
I picked it up at "The Essential Ingredient" store in Rozelle. This place has some cool, but pricey, stuff.
When I asked for the price, it was only $8. "SOLD!"

Back