Mash Paddle Entry

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewQLD

RED ON WHITE IPA
Reaction score
Pic of my mash paddle entry, anyone else have a photo of there baby??
The beer turned out really well.

Very happy with mine too

Mine is a cracker too....

No Goldings in sight - koelsch yeast is an ale yeast right?
3 months lagering - dry finish - moderate to high carbonation
Its one for the ladies....
well thats a 1/3rd of the judges covered.... ;-)

Picture to come...

Asher for now

Tried mine for the first time on Friday, quite happy with it. Suprisingly malty for such a low alcohol beer. Pic to come too.

And if any brewers in Adelaide have a couple of the brown pet bottles to spare I will swap for an echo of Oatmeal Stout and George's Mower (Mash Paddle).

C&B
TDA

I reckon i find 2...

My wife is up at Morphett Vale Wednesday night for tea with her parents.

PM me and i will provide the address and phone number and you can drive over and get them...

id hate to sound like the dumb newbie brewer, but i will anyway - What is mash paddle?

so much to learn, oh so much.

The Inaugural Mash Paddle

Its an All-Grain only, skills based brewing competition.
The comp was thought up by a guy called Steve Nichols to match up all grain brewers in competition.
The grain bill, hops and yeasts were all strictly controlled, but allowing you to formulate your own recipe.
The beer will not be judged to a style alone. The brewers method will also be scrutinised....

The winner gets a Mash Paddle trophy to hang on the wall for a year before passing on to the next years winner....

I think its a great idea

Asher for now

arhhh, thats top notch :)

if anyone here wins, i want a sample stubby to judge for myself

Andrew's going to be some tough competition....

but here's my entry. Check it out!
I know there are a couple of very experienced brewers over here in the west who've pulled out all there trick for this comp....
- long boils
- decoctions
- caramalising first runnings
- FWH ing
you name it there doing it....

mine's nice and dry... maybe a little too dry. but plenty of flavour & no goldings in sight.The masses seem to like it though.... All good I recon

Asher for now.....

mashpaddle0001a.JPG

I might just judge the beers on the photos. Well done guys. Top efforts.

Steve

Jeez,

judging by the descriptions (and the photos), this is going to be one hotly contested competition! I'm very happy with my entry - I managed to achieve that elusive nutty/biscuitty flavour that i love in quality ales. As it's my first all-grain mash, I can only put it down to the lack of extract. Looks like I'm going all-grain from now on!

- Snow

Well I'ts in the post.... My entry that is...
Will message back here when results are known (judging in late in June)

Now speaking of Aus post....
Hows this for bullshit
I've been waithing for a shipment from morebeer.com since january. (ont sent surface mail if your in a hurry) I get an email from them today saying it has been returned to sender as parsel was not picked up!. It had the correct address and everything. Nice to see our customs and post office are good at following up/re-sending parcel pickup reminders..... Wankers..

I feel better now....
time for a homebrew

Deebee told me once that stout looks like coffee when served in a mug :)

Asher for now.....

Australia Post you can rely on those boys , what happens now?
You up for postage again?

My mash paddle went of yesterday too

After years of watching Seinfield - I thought USPS were the bad guys...

Yep up for another lot of postage...
Am getting it sent Air mail this time - This time it should only take a week or two for Aus post to **** up instead of a couple of months ;)
Since I paid for it in feb. another $60 is bearable....

As for Morebeer - Cant fault there service... they have been great and I'll re-use them again...

Wow - that burns ! At least you haven't lost the goods though. I have to say B3 have been great in my dealings with them - and that's using USPS too; the way to go...

Will this complete the new brewery? When do you fire it up?

I got my chiller from "more beer" stanard post , it was here in under 2 weeks

No doubt mine was here in feb....
Someone been using it as a smoko seat out the side of customs for 3 months....

Goat, phase 3 is still on hold awaiting this shipment.... It has my burners in it & a float switch for auto sparging......

Asher for now

Asher said:
Now speaking of Aus post....
Hows this for bullshit
I've been waithing for a shipment from morebeer.com since january. (ont sent surface mail if your in a hurry) I get an email from them today saying it has been returned to sender as parsel was not picked up!. It had the correct address and everything. Nice to see our customs and post office are good at following up/re-sending parcel pickup reminders..... Wankers..
That sort of shit really pisses me off too.
Happened to me a few years back when I ordered a minidisc player from Japan. Fortunately I managed to track it down to Auspost at Sydney International Airport just before it was being put on a plane and send back. Their excuse was they couldn't find the address the parcel was addressed to. BASTARDS.
Hope it arrives soon and in perfect working order Asher.
Also hoping the remainder of my birthday presents that are still in-transit from the US arrive soon.

Beers,
Doc

Back