Mash Master Mill Master Mini mill Bulk Buy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your on the reserve list, don't be too disheartened, there are bound to be a drop out or two, and you just never know how generous our supplier is going to be.;)

ONE SPOT TO GO!!!
Hope you can all remember where you live and your email address, been warm here, a few more pints and I could be sending my mill to you!(or some old lady down the street)
I'll take the old lady down the street - what's her phone number?

Appreciate all your efforts mate. I will include a donation towards your mill cost when I transfer, and encourage everyone to do the same.

Hi folks, just confirming we are able to supply mills and hoppers to the people on the reserve list. Huge thanks to malt junkie :cheers:for coordinating the bulk buy. Looks like our postie will be very busy in a few weeks time.

Cheers
Anthony

millsy.jpg

Can I still get on the list? Please put me onto it if possible mill and hopper. Post to perth if possible.

Can I still get on the list? Please put me onto it if possible mill and hopper. Post to perth if possible.
Unfortunately mate I have a firm cap on numbers. For buys such as this it is usually a case of get in quick.
keep an eye on the BB forum is best advice.
Though I'm not starting another Buy till Jan/Feb, and not too sure what that will be for.

Any chance of a mill motor Bulk Buy happening?

Don't think it will. Theses fluted mills can work at higher speed than knurled rollers. On the mashmaster site Frank mentions in the info about the mill that he has tested it with speeds up to 530rpm and it still gives a consistent crush. A stirrer drill, which has low speed but high torque should be able to run it. Also the MD motor running at 180 rpm should be good too.

I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but a stirrer is a tax write off for me...:D

I was wondering because I have a drill, although it is quite high speed and although it has a variable speed trigger, its very touchy. If I could spend $25 on a device that slows down the drill I already have it would be preferable to spending even more money on either another drill (I think the spade handle ozito for $110 is quite decent) or a dedicated motor.

I was thinking if I could set up a detachable mount for the drill, I could lock the trigger on and reduce the input voltage to reduce the speed.

I was wondering because I have a drill, although it is quite high speed and although it has a variable speed trigger, its very touchy. If I could spend $25 on a device that slows down the drill I already have it would be preferable to spending even more money on either another drill (I think the spade handle ozito for $110 is quite decent) or a dedicated motor.

I was thinking if I could set up a detachable mount for the drill, I could lock the trigger on and reduce the input voltage to reduce the speed.

Not sure but wouldn't this just reduce the torque of the drill? I have a 20 year old Hitachi drill that has alot of torque but at slow speeds it wont crack grain. I have to speed it up to crack the grain but then the husks get ripped apart. The paint/leveling compound mixer is designed to have high torque at a slower speed so it won't put the motor under too much stress when used in this instance.

Not sure but wouldn't this just reduce the torque of the drill? I have a 20 year old Hitachi drill that has alot of torque but at slow speeds it wont crack grain. I have to speed it up to crack the grain but then the husks get ripped apart. The paint/leveling compound mixer is designed to have high torque at a slower speed so it won't put the motor under too much stress when used in this instance.
Note that with a standard Knurled mill, the optimal speed window was quite narrow, and too fast was only 20or so rpm. With the fluted rollers 180 - 500 odd rpm is fine, so dialing in your Drill or motor won't be as finicky.

The Ozito is perfect, been using one for about six years now. It basically mills your grain with one of its hands while it's checking the racing results and sipping a cappuccino with the other (when not adjusting its Ray-Bans).

Unless you are a total gadget freak, it will munch its way through a grain bill so quickly it's just as easy to stand there with your hand on the trigger for a few minutes.

Latest posts

Back