Mash Master Mill Master Mini mill Bulk Buy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume that the 'unique postage' can cover a pick up option for those near craft brewer?

1. malt junkie- Mill + hopper
2. BrockHops- Mill + hopper
3. AKX - mill + hopper
4. MTB - mill + hopper
5. Beats_MC - mill + hopper
6.Breaky - mill + hopper
7. Farsideofcrazy - hopper only
8. Bellyup- mill + hopper
9. Gezzanet - mill + hopper
10. Crazy Dee - mill + hopper
11. homebrewnewb mill+hopper
12. roblivo - mill + hopper

1. malt junkie- Mill + hopper
2. BrockHops- Mill + hopper
3. AKX - mill + hopper
4. MTB - mill + hopper
6.Breaky - mill + hopper
13. pcqypcqy - mill + hopper

Honestly, just put it up for sale on here or Gumtree. Someone will want it. The fluted Millmaster is utterly fantastic.
What does it do better? I thought as long as it crushed grain, anything would work..
I'm doing biab so no problems with stuck sparges caused by a cheaper mill

What does it do better? I thought as long as it crushed grain, anything would work..
I'm doing biab so no problems with stuck sparges caused by a cheaper mill
Thats where we all started, I see a multi vessel, recirculating mash system in your future!:cool:

Thats where we all started, I see a multi vessel, recirculating mash system in your future!:cool:
Memories of my old marga mill with a waterbottle and a spade bit. Don't know how it would cope with my 30kg grain bills these days. Mashmaster ftw.

1. malt junkie- mill + hopper
2. BrockHops- mill + hopper
3. AKX - mill + hopper
4. MTB - mill + hopper
6.Breaky - mill + hopper
14. Bribie G - mill + hopper

Memories of my old marga mill with a waterbottle and a spade bit. Don't know how it would cope with my 30kg grain bills these days. Mashmaster ftw.
My old Marga still works after about 7 years. Converted it to electric but the central shaft got "reamed out" recently. Bogged it up with epoxy putty and it still works in a wobbly sort of way but time to put it out to pasture.

If I don't upgrade, is there any benefit?
I don't imagine doing that any time soon - very happy with how it's all going atm

can only dream :rolleyes:

Yes, a good mill improves brewhouse efficiency, run times and reduces phenolics all at the same time.

I'm in the process of going "backwards" from a 3V system to an all-in-one. At the same time I'm building myself a higher spec mill.

I don't imagine doing that any time soon - very happy with how it's all going atm

can only dream :rolleyes:
Mate you only start going bigger when life/wife/kids eat into brewing time, bigger batches, nochill, ferment when you need. My tripple batch 1v has been moth balled for nearly a year. Been doing Biab in the urn. The 1V will be back up and running soon, though I see a multi vessel system on the horizon for 100L+ batches. I can brew at will ATM, next year I'll be trading time to get a brew in.

The slippery slope continues..."seeingstars:
3. AKX - mill + hopper
4. MTB - mill + hopper
6.Breaky - mill + hopper
14. Bribie G - mill + hopper
15. Mall - mill + hopper

I had a cheap mill for a long time when I BIAB’d. I got tired of all the sediment, so switched to 2V, then 3V for the natural filtration of the wort that occurs. Another way around that is to get a mill that makes less flour. The MillMaster is one of those mills. There is also @BribieG’s BIAB technique. I’d provide a link to a description, but can’t remember the threads he’s described it in.

You may not be getting much flour. A different mill won’t make you a better brewer, but it may improve your brew day, clarity of wort, ease of runoff/sparge, or efficiency. depending on your setup. There’s no need to get a different mill if you have one that’s working for you. If you end up changing systems down the line, you may want to consider a different mill. If you decide to get one of these now, you’ll see some benefits, but it ain’t going to change your life. In brewing,there is frequently more than one angle of attack to solve any problem.

That said, buy once, cry once. Quality equipment that just works is invaluable.

3. AKX - mill + hopper
4. MTB - mill + hopper
6.Breaky - mill + hopper