Mash Master Mill Master Mini mill Bulk Buy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The holes in the base of the mill are M6, the bolt hole in the ozito is M10. The void is 90mm x 142mm, hole centers 102mm x135mm. I used a peice of 19mm timber as the base, and a piece of 8mm ply to raise the mill. Would be best to use ply for both. For the drill mounting I used 2 huge washers (I think left over from mounting childrens car seats) hard up to the timber either side and 3 standard washers to adjust the height using a 35mm M10 bolt. The M6 bolts were also 35mm long.

I'll post a pic in a bit.

1510546675650.jpg

1510546700759.jpg

There is no movement on the drill. Yes the stand is an old shower chair. I need to strip it all down and paint, or that timber will warp. See how it goes, I do have some 19mm ply about. Takes 2or 3 minutes to remove the drill if need be.

The holes in the base of the mill are M6

I thought m6 too, but then 1/4" bolts worked. Maybe because I'm American and haven't been metricated?

Thanks for posting the measurements. I really like your setup (inc. the old shower chair).

Yeah I think it is 1/4 Bolts (what I used in my ghetto setup.).

On the topic of ghetto setup, boy does the hopper beat the pants off my dodgy bucket with a hole in the bottom, used to have to do two runs through to get it all consistently milled but with the hopper feeding it in so well it only took one pass through for the grain on saturday.

I took the bolt to Bunnies on Friday and after testing against their gauges, the only thing that fit was 1/4" UNC. I meant to post a picture on the weekend, but here's what I hacked together on Friday night. It uses shelving rails from the Bunnings storage section at $5 each, plus another cross bar rail for $2. A few cable ties to provide a bit of support for the drill, but most of the weight and stability is provided by the handle mounted to the crossbar. The whole contraption is portable, but bloody heavy. A possible future improvement may be a couple of bolts and brackets attached to the sides of the drill where the handles usually fit. I'll have to source the right bolts for that, they are much bigger than 1/4" UNC.
MM+Ozito_on_rail.JPG

Picked up my mill and hopper from the post today. Thanks for the hard work and coordination on the bulk buy.

Now to put it together and work out what motor to use.

Got mine today thanks lads
Unable to open & check as I am bed ridden with the flu but was well packaged pro like

Yes, mine arrived this morning also - thanks for the effort guys, well done.

Received a couple days ago, bloody hell it's heavy innit!

Cheers to MJ and Mothballs, can't wait to give it a run tonight..

Back