Mash Demo-randwick

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Next months mash demo at Randwick ESB is on again this coming saturday july 2.
I think its an APA being made. :excl:

Nooo..!!!
again with my forgetfullness.
i'm sure to make the next one..! (definately) (i think)

when will the next mash demo be held - i would be grateful for address details also.

thanks

Has anyone thought about recording one of these demos. They are always on a Saturday which is no good for me, as it would be for many others i'm sure. Maybe an AHB member could arrange for a demo to be recorded, edited and posted somewhere for download. :)

What do you think?

From memory there was talk on the Grumpy's forum last year about recording a Grumpy demo and then making a DVD available.

Does anyone know if this happened?? (Thomas?)

Eastern Suburbs Homebrewer
149 Clovelly Rd Randwick 2031 (02) 9399 8241

always on the first saturday of every month

map0PCF0KWNTLAZJM4MQ.gif

Is there one on this Saturday? If so, what time? Is there a website?

Cheers,
Jase

B) Recording, editing and posting requires a fair bit of logistical effort and, if u do it properly, a great deal of time. Need to do more than just "record".

I'd be prepared to do something like this if there was enough cooperative interest to do more than a one-off that could be compiled into a marketable DVD. Individual demos could be posted free of charge here and held for a limited time, and the resulting archives could become the DVD.

In fact - I'd like to see/do a DVD every month or second month using material from appropriately skilled "stringers" - include demos, interviews, setups, DIY, tastings, the whole thing - there's just nothing like this available.

Anyone interested in a co-operative venture? I've got time, video and editing facilities and some experience, but not a lot of money - I'd like to cover expenses at least.

PB

:p Yes there is one on this sat, See you there!

There was 8 people at the last one....more AG coverts!

Very good turn out again, much beer was tasted and talked about and even managed to make some....

ANyone from saturday feel like getting together now and then for a simular thing without the brew demo? Maybe later in the day...its a bit difficult to stomach a Barley Wine too early in the day

Yeah I'd be in for that when possible. The barley wine was pretty good though perhaps a tad early. Maybe some breakfast beforehand would've helped.

Cheers, Nick

Brew Demo this sat Feb 4 2006 , we'll be making a smokey Stout for
ST Pats day. Beer tasting also!

Bump :) Should be a bit cooler in the shop this w/e

I caught a post on OzCraftBrewer this arvo saying that this Sat will be the last demo, and the store is closing.
Very sad. An AG brew demo by Leon was the first time I saw it live before doing it myself.

We have come to the mend of a great relationship[ with a retailer. The brew shop at Clovelly is closing on or about 20 March this year. This was the original home of ESB brew club which produced luminaries as Matt the owner/Brewer of St Peters Brewery a number of the pro brewers working for James Squire / Malt Shovel and the CEO of the Tasmanian Hop board. As the craft brewing has expanded and the availibilty of good equipment and basic supplies can be purchased with ease, the mighty shall fall.For those old ESB members and people who have used the shop drop in and say goodbye to Leo at any time between no and then
Special note:
This Saturday Leon is having his last Full mash demo come along and say good bye and have a beer with Leon.
Soon I shall be posting a multi venue beer appreciation tour ( micro pub crawl) for anyone who wantsd to attend. The starting pub will be the Macquarie Hotel in Sydney. All pubs will be brew pubs or ones that serve full mash brews no mega swill

Beers,
Doc

Bloody shame........................
ESB at randwick was my local ( 5yrs ago) when i met Regan.
He showed me the way and yep he is now at Malt Shovel.
Next was Leon, and he too is a gem !

:( :( :(

I also have fond memories of ESB. I saw my first mash demo there in about '98. It's only taken me about 8 years to get to my first AG, but the shop has been an inspiration to many a Sydney brewer. A friend of a friend (can't remember his name) used to regularly make the trip down from the Central coast for the Thurs night beer swap.

Regan carried out the mash demo with Leon in attendance. I remember being thrown out around 6pm and singing songs on the pavement outside :party:

Sad day, I'll be dropping in to say my farewells.

:(

;) how do you make a smilie thats crying. Online purchasing and pub crawls are all OK but where do you go when you want to hang out with fellow brewers whilst sipping on each others fine home brew. The Mash demos were fun times.... :beerbang:

I was also one who was inspired by Leon the legend at Randwick.

I'll be sticking my head in on Saturday

OK so I didnt....Sorry!!

As I mentioned on the other thread.......was in "Hop to it" on Botany rd Botany today.......Familiar 2 door fridge.....familiar grain mill???.....familiar Hopper???....FAMILIAR 3-TIER MASH SYSTEM!!!!!!!

All, and I mean ALL, of what was left in Leons shop at Randwick is in Hop to it ...........

including Leon on Mash Demo Days!!!!!!

Looks like Mike and the Eastern Subs guys will be moving house (so to speak!!)

Back