Mash Demo At The Jovial Monk

• Thread starter Jovial_Monk
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jovial_Monk

To celebrate the shop being open for a year i am holding a mash demo in front of the shop, and offer 10% discounts on our Packs. . .

I will mash-in about 10.00am and will finish by about 3.30

I am going to brew a 19thC Amber Ale. The Thursday or Friday night I will toast some UK pale malt for about an hour to turn it into Pale Amber Malt. Dark Munich would be a close approximation.

I will prepare some notes on mashing, so if you are thinking of taking the plunge into mashing rock along

(shop is at 10 Duthy St, Unley, South Australia)

Jovial Monk

any chance of a free flight down to your shop jm ;)

just a thought jm
if you or one of ya mates at the shop has a digital camera any chance of posting some pics on this site some time.

The free flight sounds better , I'll buy a packet of yeast !
:rolleyes:

hehehe couple of comic. . . :)

Talking about yeast, though, I have Danstar Nottingham and Windsor, two top ale yeasts, perform much better than Saf04. the nottingham is packed into 23g sachets

And I am working on the site, and twenty other things :)

JM

forget the twenty other things tom... ;)
get ya site up and going :D

JM

I am interested in Windsor Ale Yeast and some Pinot Noir dry yeast - could be RC232 - not tooo sure.

What price for a sachet and 100gm lots.

Thanks

Windsor Ale yeast is $4.50 for a 12g sachet. All yeasts are stored nice and cold in our fridge.

100g of wine yeast? Hmmm will have to get back to you, wine not being my specialty. About $20, I *think*

Nottingham yeast is $6.50 for a 23g sachet. This is for ONE brew.

Jovial Monk

Can i buy Windsor Ale in a 100gm sachet...

Yes, we are happy to supply any quaantity required.

100g of most (beer & wine) yeast costs $15. We should have bulk lager and wheat beer yeast early next year

Mail order welcome, or come to the mash demo Saturday and pick up the yeast then.

Jovial Monk

JM

What time Saturday - and is it this saturday 29Nov03.

Also, whatever happened to the Ballarat Weekend.

I will be aiming to mash-in by 10.00am

mashout/sparge beginning just after 11 am, start the boil, add first hops 1230 or so

Ballarat Oktoberfest?? Apathy killed it, I guess. Bloody shame really, it would have been fun, looking forward to touring a $600,000 brewery

Jovial_Monk

Latest posts

Back