Markets Hotel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim_Levet

Reaction score
Hotel faces probe into $30,000 pokie loan claim
September 20, 2005 - 4:08PM

A western Sydney hotel may face court action over an allegation it lent $30,000 to a customer to play poker machines, NSW Gaming Minister Grant McBride has told parliament.

Mr McBride today said the director-general of Gaming and Racing was considering initiating proceedings in the NSW Licensing Court against the Markets Hotel in Flemington.

"I understand it will be alleged that since April 2004 a patron was loaned about $30,000 cash by the hotel staff to play gaming machines," he told parliament.

"I'm told the patron was also allowed to put $23,000 on his credit card from an EFTPOS facility illegally located in the hotel's gaming room."

The government would not permit hotels or licensed clubs to provide lending facilities to their customers, Mr McBride said.

"Hotels and clubs are not to act as banks," he said.

I wonder what will happen to the brewery if they lose the hotel licence?
James :angry:

Jim_Levet said:
I wonder what will happen to the brewery if they lose the hotel licence?
James :angry:
[post="79361"][/post]​

Maybe an AHB member would pick the brewery gear up cheap for a very large HB setup :lol:

Doc

James & others
I was at Paddy's today, & the beer was great. The Hawkins Stout is on tap & tastes great. As for anything else, I wouldn't have a clue.
Drop in & try the Stout, its a cracker!
Cheers
Gerard

Latest posts

Back