Marijuana Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
I posted a recipe for Cock Ale, asked questions about Chilli beer and Alcoholic lemonade.
Came across a link to this today.
Marijuana Beer.

And they sell it on Amazon so go figure.

Cheers,
Doc

<insert disclaimer here>
PS: Of course this would be illegal here in Australia
</insert disclaimer here>

Doc,

I think I've seen that beer, or one like it, for sale at Northmead cellars. Definitely a mary jane beer

Linz

Hops and hemp are close relatives. You just substitute some dried hemp for bittering hops in the boil - or so I've heard ;) You merely need to work out how much "bittering agent" you'd need per litre and away you go. Add some other hops for flavour and aroma as I imagine hemp wouldn't taste all that great... I don't think there's any need to spend US$10 on a book describing how to make bad beer, is there?

Hemp Ale is indeed available locally. A friend of mine is related to the producer of this product somewhere down the line (brother-in-laws cousin or some such title) and as far as I am aware this product is produced in Australia. It has a large hemp leaf on the label with the words HEMP clearly displayed. It is produced from a variety of hemp that doesn't have any of the "magic juice" in it, which I imagine is the reason it is legally sold in Australia.

Cheers,
Pete

:chug:

I think Coopers actually make this Hemp beer - or at least bottle it - or have something to do with it. My brother was doing work onsite at their new brewery and got the chance to sample a few stubbies of it (legitimately). The labels stated that it was "Hemp Filtered", not that hemp was actually used as an ingredient.

It was actually quite a refreshing beer in the traditional aussie lager style - but didn't have any of the added side effects me may expect from a "Hemp Beer" :(

Guys,
We actually tried some at the Australian on the Sat night, Kook should have a rating for it soon. It is actually fitered through the hemp.

Linz

Linz said:
Guys,
We actually tried some at the Australian on the Sat night, Kook should have a rating for it soon. It is actually fitered through the hemp.

Linz
Anyone interested in reading my personal ratings from my little beer-themed trip to sydney can take a look here:

http://www.ratebeer.com/ViewUser.asp?UserID=6146

I still need to ring Scharers tomorrow to get a commercial description for the D`Lite before I add it to ratebeer. I didnt bother ringing St Peters for the real ale as I got the idea it was a once off autumn amber brew.

Stumbled across another reference to Marijuana in beer today.

Here is the link.

The interesting thing is it sounds like Michael Jackson (the beer critic) quite liked it :D

Beers,
Doc

MBeer.jpg

Back