march pump vs kaixin

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lael

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've already bought a kaixin pump - haven't had it running yet though...

Has anybody got both pumps and can give a comparison of how they perform? just curious...

I have both and compared them in the kaixin thread.

BTW, I have the kaixin mp-20 (not the mp-15) vs the 809

That's the one.

I'm glad I went the mp-20 over the mp-15, but that requirement will depend on yor build. If you don't want to recirculate wort back at the heating element and only want a pump for a single brew sized system the mp-15 would be heaps.

Not much has changed since that review, it's still running no problems. It does still take a lot more to prime than the March, but once it's started all is ok.

I don't run either the kaixin or march pump any hotter than mash out temps, so cannot comment on usability above those temps. They both run perfect at 78c.

The kaixin pump probably does vibrate a bit more, but I just sit it on some leftover camping mat to get rid of any noise being transferred into the table.

Maybe it could be worth while putting post in the kaixin thread asking if anyone has had any reliability issues with the kaixin. My one has not had any issues. If there has been no dramas with other peoples kaixin pumps I think thats the best value for money option.

QldKev

QldKev said:
That's the one.

I'm glad I went the mp-20 over the mp-15, but that requirement will depend on yor build. If you don't want to recirculate wort back at the heating element and only want a pump for a single brew sized system the mp-15 would be heaps.

Not much has changed since that review, it's still running no problems. It does still take a lot more to prime than the March, but once it's started all is ok.

I don't run either the kaixin or march pump any hotter than mash out temps, so cannot comment on usability above those temps. They both run perfect at 78c.

The kaixin pump probably does vibrate a bit more, but I just sit it on some leftover camping mat to get rid of any noise being transferred into the table.

Maybe it could be worth while putting post in the kaixin thread asking if anyone has had any reliability issues with the kaixin. My one has not had any issues. If there has been no dramas with other peoples kaixin pumps I think thats the best value for money option.

QldKev
Thanks Kev - that's really helpful!

Back