March Pump Dimensions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Hi guys.

If anyone has their pump handy could they please measure the diameter of the pump for me. I forgot to measure it this morning and I was hoping to pick up either a U bolt or PVC downpipe clamp (I don't have a mounting plate :( ) to secure it to my frame tonight on my way home. BUT I forgot to get the $%^ dimensions.

I was thinking of clamping it with either a U bolt around the head assembly (the narrowest point) just behind the actual liquid housing or using a clamp around the body of the pump (the metal bit).

I'm wondering if a 90mm PVC pipe clamp would fit. It'd be close in measurement but it'd be a bugger if I bought one and the pump was 95mm in diameter.

So a request, does anyone have their pump handy that they could measure for me? I'd be after the narrowest point and also around the metal body.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Justin

270mm around the motor housing and 220mm around the pump head. They are the only measurements I could get because the unit is mounted and has a splsh guard making it hard to get to, hope it helps.

cheers
Andrew

Cheers mate, I can work out the diameter from the circumference.

Thanks, saved me a bit of back tracking, much appreciated.

JD

Mine measures about 87mm body diameter and 69mm head diameter.

Not sure how steel U bolts are measured, but they could be 'nominal' (ie distance between centre of legs) so don't get caught out...

A 90mm plastic bracket looks like it would do the trick nicely (on paper at least).

Latest posts

Back