March Pump Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Is there enough interest here to do a bulk purchase on March pumps (Model: 809 HS, PL) ?

The bulk price at the moment is $212.30 including GST for 10 or more. We have been informed that the price can come down more if we purchase 20 or more.

The pumps don't come with brackets, but these can be made for us (SS ones for $20 each). There will be a 10% discount on the brackets if we order 10 or more.

They are from Process Pumps in Melbourne who are the Australian distributor.
So in order for this to also happen, is there someone in Melbourne who is willing to take the delivery of them (ie. pick them up and distribute) ?

Of course anyone interested in this offer will have to provide payment up front so that whoever does the order doesn't get caught short. Also postage will be on top of the cost.

So all approach the SWMBO and say you've found your fathers day present :lol:

A big thanks to Johnno for doing the background research and phone calls.

Beers,
Doc

Doc,

There is an alternative to the march pump, I stumbled across this one

It has 1" suction/ discharge ports.
click me

Hi Doc

Do the brackets need to fitted new or can they be retro-fitted. I'm sure there are plenty of March pump owners who would like a SS bracket that can be retro-fitted.

Cheers
MAH

At this stage. I am probably in for one.

johnno

timmy said:
Doc,

click me
[post="71918"][/post]​

Look good. What's the temp rating on the plastic housing?? :unsure:

Warren -

timmy said:
Doc,

click me
[post="71918"][/post]​

Timmy. That website doesn't say what temp they are rated for. If they are just for aquarium use, would they handle 100 deg C for a continued period ?

MAH said:
Hi Doc

Do the brackets need to fitted new or can they be retro-fitted. I'm sure there are plenty of March pump owners who would like a SS bracket that can be retro-fitted.

Cheers
MAH
[post="71926"][/post]​

I would imagine they could MAH, as they are sold seperately, and don't come with the base product.

Beers,
Doc

It is an Iwaki pump, going from the Iwaki website they are available ith threaded ports as well.

Iwaki

I would be interested in a March pump and bracket if it becomes a goer. I am a bit dubious about acquarium pumps though.

:chug:
PeterS....

Peter Shane said:
I would be interested in a March pump and bracket if it becomes a goer. I am a bit dubious about acquarium pumps though.

PeterS....
[post="71936"][/post]​
I liked the price.........

Iwaki sell them as chemical transfer pumps Not sure on temp rating or if its as good as the march pump.

EDIT: They are rated for 0-80 deg C

timmy said:
Peter Shane said:

PeterS....
[post="71936"][/post]​
I liked the price.........

Iwaki sell them as chemical transfer pumps Not sure on temp rating or if its as good as the march pump.

EDIT: They are rated for 0-80 deg C
[post="71939"][/post]​

I also rang Iwaki last week. They are not food grade pumps. They don't make any food grade pumps.

Beers,
Doc

Plastic Man said:
Probably been posted before but relevant to current discussion:

Prev discussion at Grumpys on the aquarium pump:

http://www.grumpys.com.au/read.php3?id=19537

Link to Grahams story mentioned in above thread.:

http://www.oz.craftbrewer.org/Library/Gear...CheapPump.shtml
[post="71941"][/post]​

The IRDA pump has been my interim pump for the last half dozen brews. It works, but it isn't ideal having to submerse it. I found if I didn't submerse it the thermal overload would kick in after about 25 litres.

Beers,
Doc

I used the IRDA for my CFWC and it works great, and the march pump for my HERMS/mash pump.

I had used the IDRA for about a year(as my mash and CFWC), but as Doc said, it needs to be kept cool, however now i use it only with the CFWC and i dont have it in water and it works fine for ~40Lt of wort...

I am every happy with the march pump so far

Guys, be carefull with that Resun MD40 pump - it is a Chinese Iwaki ripoff! If you want a pump that will handle 100C then you will have to stick with the March/Little Giant/Grundfoss water circ pumps for hot water heating systems. Our friends in the northern hemisphere have ready access to these units which are a "throwaway" item. They are not a sanitary pump though. Horses for courses...

Wes

Doc

I would be interested in a bracket. The confusing thing is what we are talking about. My march pump (and a few others that I know), have a pump that is round with no way of fixing it. Others have a bracket fitted to it, that allows it to be screwed down. Then there is another bracket like this one

2407.jpg

I need the one that attaches to the pump, not the one pictured (http://www.morebeer.com/product.html?product_id=17322).
Hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Pedro

redbeard said:
yes, im interested. is this a goer only for 10+ ?
[post="71959"][/post]​
Correct redbeard.
So far its you,Doc and me. Maybe the Pale Aler as well?

johnno

Count me in - although I'm in Sydney so I'm no use for dispatch etc.

I've started assembing most of the bits and pieces for my HERMS by stealth (ie not letting SWMBO know what's going on).

Now, what's the recommendations for PID controllers :p

Trev

Back