March Pump Arrived!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic: one of the funniest things i ever read on that site is "blumkin"... go on search it :lol:

Bwah ha ha, Blumkin is quite horrible! Informative site.

Good that WarmBeer gave me the link to the site, so I could also see what NSFW meant!
Go on admit it, you were just waiting for some unsuspecting n00b to comment ... ;)

Even I'm afraid to find out what a Blumkin is.

Mind you, where I work, NSFW is taken very seriously

I just bought 2. The Yankees can print money and devalue their dollar anytime!!!

How does the whole different voltage thing work? America is 120v and we run 240v.

Maybe I should just get the 120V and hook up my 10KVA 240-120V trany again.... might be worth the 20bucks saved.

I picked one as well. Should i purchase a 1/2 inch ball valve for the outlet or just use the kettle ball valve to adjust the flow?

I picked one as well. Should i purchase a 1/2 inch ball valve for the outlet or just use the kettle ball valve to adjust the flow?

Damian

Get a valve for the outlet side of the pump makes it easier to adjust flow and disconnect to move hoses around. Dont restrict the pump on the supply/inlet side as this can damage the pump.

Kleiny

Damian

Get a valve for the outlet side of the pump makes it easier to adjust flow and disconnect to move hoses around. Dont restrict the pump on the supply/inlet side as this can damage the pump.

Kleiny

Please tell me more about this. If there is no flow, i.e flow stopped on supply side then pump runs dry, if stopped on outlet side then it tries to pump but the restriction kicks the magnetic drive to stop the mechanism, but it does have fluid in the pump. Is that about it?

BTW I order one from tesco pumps, less than $200 AUD delivered to my door and it only took a week to get here via regular post (not express). Very happy chappy :D

Hey Malted, did you get any mounting brackets with yours? Are you planning to mount it? :huh:

Hey Malted, did you get any mounting brackets with yours? Are you planning to mount it? :huh:
No I didn't get any mounting brackets but I am not stressed, it's easy peasy to mount a pump. I have mounted a few fuel pumps, this is just a bigger diameter.
I'll drag try to drag up some pictures tomorrow if you like?

Im not planning to mount mine. I thought id build something to rest it in. Thanks anyway.

Im not planning to mount mine. I thought id build something to rest it in. Thanks anyway.

I'll post the picture anyway because I am keen to see what others think about my idea (that you inspired me to think about) to mount the March pump to a brew rig frame.
I have never used a March pump before, do they buck when turned on and off?

I was planning on rubber mounting mine (but you could do the same in a cradle or rest, to stop it rolling around the floor).
Sort of some thing along the lines of a fuel pump mount I had made some time ago:
fuelpumprubbermount.jpg

The bolts do not go all the way through the rubber block, there are 4 bolts (were actually gearbox rubber mounts). It was very effective in stopping an EFI pump making a buzzing sound through the car.

hey guys. Im just about to put a three pin (10 amp) plug onto my pump. Im not sure what colours go to what? The end of the pump lead has black white and green.

The three pin plug suits 8mm cord, does that sound right?

TYVM Damian

hey guys. Im just about to put a three pin (10 amp) plug onto my pump. Im not sure what colours go to what? The end of the pump lead has black white and green.

The three pin plug suits 8mm cord, does that sound right?

TYVM Damian

US colour codes are

Black = Active
White = neutral
Green = Earth

Just had a look and the prices are very favourable :eek: I wouldnt mind a spare head but the minimum freight charge is a bit of a killer. If anyone else is looking to buy from them I may be interested in sharing some freight.

BYB
I'm starting to get very enthusiastic about building a 2V desktop brewery
requiring a pump so count me in. PM for further discussion...

Tom.

I have just received my March Pump from Tesco Pumps in the US.

WWW.TESCOPUMPS.COM

Just on AU$200.00delivered ( about 7 days after ordering it.It was shipped within 1 day of them receiving payment.).
Very prompt service. I also can recommend them with the AU $ at its current level.

Regards

Graeme

I'm eagerly anticpating the arrival of my pump from TESCO, was just under $195.00 delivered. They supply full tracking which told me it left the US on th 18th so should be arriving any day now. Good service and fast shipping, I'd reccomend them to anyone considering getting one.

I'm eagerly anticpating the arrival of my pump from TESCO, was just under $195.00 delivered. They supply full tracking which told me it left the US on th 18th so should be arriving any day now. Good service and fast shipping, I'd reccomend them to anyone considering getting one.
Did you consider/ask them about warranty issues? I guess we'd have to
send back to US for repair is a pump was faulty?

T.

Just ordered one myself. Gave them a call, were great to deal with over the phone, said that they have sold 16 in the past 2 weeks, all going to OZ. They also do the ebay thing at h**p://myworld.ebay.com/tescopumps/

I have never used a March pump before, do they buck when turned on and off?

No bucking as such, but your inclusion of rubber mounts is a bloody good idea. I would go with something similar for sure on your rig if that is still your plan. The addition of plumbing parts/hoses will help add further stability to the pump when it is running. Mine is quite 'front heavy' with my inlet and outlet setup at the moment.

I have simply bolted mine to a couple of cleats on my frame using 2 of the existing chassis bolts, but also plan on clamping the SS T-Piece at the bottom of my inlet to give it some more support.

Back