March Pump And Copper Pipeing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge

Reaction score
Well got my pump today, (same price, same place, same time). I'm thinking of using copper to pipe my wort. ie. From HLT, Mash Tun & Boiler to pump and then back again.

I know copper is ideal but how bad is it. Of course copper will cost me about $60 to pipe including Brass (i know :( ) fittings. Hopefully i can slowly replace fitting with SS

I was also thinking of using Easy Hookers. SS Braded tubing. I could get this pretty cheap through work but it still would be $100 ish. Just for the in lines!

Easy Hookers They also come bigger. :blink:

What are you thoughts?

Ok so i didn't spell pipeing correctly. Is this really a word or did i make it up. Piping doesn't look right. Maybe....................... pipping, Na!

A mate of mine in canberra plumbed his bencg with copper piping under neath the top.

He silver soldered male brass hose snap lock fittings on the end.
He then used drink hose with female hose fittings to conect up the various parts.
eg pump input from HLT - snap off and conect pump input to mash tun outlet etc...

He rigged up a Hermes recirculating system.

Hope this helps....
Here is a photo.

Will have to find his web site for you....

brewbench2.jpg

I wouldn't use them easy hookers (unless there the free type of the net ;) ) .
They mention only being resistent to all compounds found in water and nothing about food or acidic wort for that matter.
Even then i wouldn't waste you money just pipe it all up with copper and compression fitting to fit threads onto the copper, easy and reasonble cheap.

I just use nylon food grade hoses like the type used for air compressor etc but food grade. I attach these with brass barbed fittings and threads etc.
Pretty much what ever you can find.
You could go into that blue/green toxic stuff that builds up on brass and copper but i have never had a problem, if you see it on the inside clean it off.

Jayse

I don't know Wedge I think EASY HOOKERS should be cheaper than $100 a pop, :lol: they must be pretty good looking eh. :( sorry mate, 3 IPA's too many for me.
is this stainless steel braid pipe in any length.I checked out your link but it just gave an email address, couldn't enter the site.

And who cares how piping, pipping or pipeing is spelt (hang on, spelt doesn't look right either)I think I need another IPA, or maybe a GRASSY SAAZ PILS(GASSY ASSY PILS)

I think I'll go to bed.

Andrew

I wouldn't like to use easy hookers for anything really hot (not to mention acidic). They are just some kind of black rubber compound inside.

I downloaded the cattle dog of the site.
it looks like there in all sorts of lengths but the inside is rubber and only designed for gas and water.

But i would still look for easy hookers, but like andrew said $100 is a bit rich you can find them for free all over the net. :D

i rang the girls at the company today they take up to 90oC but she did mention the acidic solution would reactive with the stainless steel. (Does that make sense)?

When they answer the phone, do they say "Easy Hookers, how may I help you?"

no..............EASY HOOKERS, YOU WANT, WE DO IT.

Its not the S/S you should be worried about wedge its the rubber inside that is no good.

Jayse

mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Well what would be good to use. I need something flexible, to connect my copper pipping to my HLT, Mash Tun, BOILER, TAP, FERMENTOR and also connect my pump to the pipping.

Is there any grade hoses that take this sort of temp?

I use food grade drinking water 12mm hose with female nylex snap lock hose fittings on them.
Clamp/solder male hose fittings to the copper pipe.

jayse said:
I just use nylon food grade hoses like the type used for air compressor etc but food grade. I attach these with brass barbed fittings and threads etc.

Jayse
;)

Latest posts

Back