March Meet Planning (with Date Poll)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What weekend

• Sat 3rd/Sun 4th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sat 10th/Sun 11th

• Sat 17th/Sun 18th

• Sat 24th/Sun 25th

• Sun 31st/Sun 1st (April)

• Total voters
mmm Newtown, Guzman Y Gomez, best Mexican take away in Oz

always good for a cheap thai take away is newtown ...and the quality is always up there too...

Ben,

I will bring my mash tun at approx 11. Unfortunately I cannot stay for too long. I will pick up later. This is starting to become a habit, eh Mike?

EB

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge of AG brewing. Hopefully it won't be long before I have the right setup to give it a go.

Cheers,

Glenn.

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge of AG brewing. Hopefully it won't be long before I have the right setup to give it a go.

Cheers,

Glenn.

Glad you enjoyed yourself - AG isn't as hard as some might think sometimes :)

Hope your AG kit buying and the fresh wort kit goes well :)

Cheers everyone for coming over and having a good time today - shame about the weather but i think we still did pretty well!

Thanks for your hospitality, Ben. And thanks for putting up with the whingers in the corner. The brew day went so smoothly it was hard to remember it was happening from the other side of the empty bottles. :eek:

An easy bulk buy (although not sure how many more we'll be able to have considering how late Gerard stayed on. :rolleyes: ), good beer and good conversation. :super:

Esteemed NSW Brewers,

After meeting Pumpy, Hogan and Franko last weekend at the QLD Brewerhood Knees Up, I'd like to let you all know that I will be keeping an eye on your get togethers. I am a Sydneysider and visit Manly every now and then, and may drop in one day (when unemcumbered by wives or children) and introduce myself. :D

I have taken the liberty of voting in your polls, and voted for the "Enormous drunken blowout". I am hoping to get my Dad to see an AG brew go down as he is a K&K man like me. He's a bit shy with internet forums. He's in Manly.

If any of you guys make your way up to the Sunshine Coast there is a heap of hospitality available here. And it's warm in winter, but great temps brewing.

I'll be down in April with the kiddies so it's ruled out, but will be down for a week in July if anyone wants to meet for a few britneys.

NSW Blues forever, :super:

Sean

looks like yet another successful ISB meet reading through all the above , sorry i couldnt stick around longer and enjoy it with a few beers ( maybe i couldve found some hop thief to bring along) hope the rain didnt mess things up too much on the brewing side of things , good to meet some new guys there again in the time i was there , catchya all next time ... are we having an april meet or is that going to be bypassed as a result of the AHB Pub Crawl ??

Hi Ben,

thanks for having us again. Another top get together.

And thanks for putting up with the whingers in the corner.

FYI, you'll just have to get a bigger rig & a noisier burner to avoid that in future..... B) :ph34r:

Barra, I dunno if the Malt shovel tour will be a replacement for a regular gathering or what. Up to the tribe to decide.

I propose we get together for a big brew day (http://www.beertown.org/events/bigbrew/index.html) at my place in May - it's an excuse to get the 200l mash tun sorted :eek: :rolleyes:

beers

Crozdog

maybe i couldve found some hop thief to bring along

Yep, wish I'd got to try some of that. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think the Big Brew Day on 5th May sounds great. I'm not sure if we want to go with one of the three recipes there, or make our own. With the Maltshovel tour on, I'd be happy to have the next meet then, but I'll go with the collective on this.

InCider, sounds like a great excuse. Hopefully one of the meet days can be made to coincide with your visit. :party:

Hehe hop thief - i had more than i started by the time everyone left... oh well, more for me!

The Blonde Ale that i no-chilled on Sat Arvo was ready to pitch on Sunday morning, put my 800mL stirplate starter into it, krausen in about 4 hours, went like buggery and in only 36 hours it's now at 1020 ready to rack :)

This is why you make a stirplate - no more stuck ferments :)

NZ hops order came today .... the D Saaz smells.... YUMMY

This is why you make a stirplate - no more stuck ferments :)

Hey Ben, how'd you make/purchase your stirplate up. I've seen a few designs running around here and elsewhere. I'm getting frustrated about getting a starter.......started in the last few days and been thinking about one for a while

Phil
Which recipe should we go with for the BBD, I vote the IPA :)
Mike
Mike,

Why did I know you'd go for that? :D Stu & I were talking about the recipes the other day & how we don't have to do one of em, but could do our own. What about doing a partigyle again similar to the December brew? That way we can get a big beer like an IPA & something more conservative (everyone liked the goldy last time) that way we can keep more people happy :beer: :party:

Here's another thought - If we have a few burners available (I can think of 3 ISBers who own NASA's), we could use the same runnings to make a couple of different brews just by varying the hops used in each.

What does everyone reckon?
Philip

Hey Ben, how'd you make/purchase your stirplate up. I've seen a few designs running around here and elsewhere. I'm getting frustrated about getting a starter.......started in the last few days and been thinking about one for a while

Well it was sort of the same design that is floating around here, difference is i only used the Jaycar UB2 jiffy box - $6, then got the LM317 voltage regulator, pot, resistors and everything going with a surplus 80mm fan and surplus 12v DC plugpack. Used one of those 80mm mini-cd's blutacked onto the fan, with 2 small rare earth magnets blutacked. Can vortex water in a 1 litre erlenmeyer down to the bar!

Whole thing cost me about $20-25 or so, then about $30 or $40 for the erlenmeyers and stir bars.

Next meet i'll bring it along so you can have a look.

Back