March Mag Drive Pumps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
Just tying up the thread from the other day on March pumps (under a different topic heading, sorry Fiscus). The one I was talking about was purchased by a mate for a HERMS/RIMS system from Process Pumps (www.processpumps.com.au)
This was the quote on it.

>>>The model we normally sell to the home brewers is a March
magnetic drive
centrifugal pump model: 809 HS PL

Rated to 121 deg c
Voltage 240 volt single phase
Connections are 1/2" inlet and outlet
Max flow rate 21 lpm
Max head capability 2.7 metres

Cost: $247.50 each including GST

Freight cost: $16.50 including GST

Availability: We have 3 units ex stock in Melbourne

Payment is accepted by cheque, Bankcard, Visa or Mastercard
<<<<

Although availability would be down by one now!

Hope it helps.

JD

Thanks Justin,
Just what I want and the Xmas bank account does not

Hmmmm will be a while before I venture into the world of mag drive pumps .... anyone ever tried a dishwasher pump? Those suckers must be rated for a fair temperature.

Same as washing machine pumps i would recond , I got one of those now

Pumps

I bought a fountain pump as recomended by brew guru Graeme Sanders - 64.00...

It is an italian brand.....Grumpy Thomas put me onto it...

Are you happy with it GMK?
Have seen Sanders on the site , did you buy the same model as his ?

Batz said:
Are you happy with it GMK?
Have seen Sanders on the site , did you buy the same model as his ?
Batz,

I bought the same model....

Have not had the chance to play with it yet.....

Will do when I get the AG Setup.

Justin
Thanks for the pump info mate , had a few IPA's today and ordered one , man I am gunna be in the shit !!
Gotta spare room for a fellow brewer big d ? :( :blink: :unsure:

only if you bring some full kegs batz. :chug:
you may have to hit the o/t trail to keep her indoors happy :D

yep 04 is gonna be mighty expensive on my mark 2 brewery with pumps,counterflow chillers and a few other things im thinking about. :blink:

Used my boiler big time today big d , wort chiller brought the temp. down to the water temp. fairly quickly , still way to high , had to use some ice as the esky set up is not (set up)
Want a washing pump? Wired and with 1/2' out and inlets?

Hey
It is a secondhand jobby

Hey Batz, did you get the 809 HS PL model? Apparently, after reading various things on the Yank website, this pump is the "go" for homebrewing. I think you should be very happy with it. Look at it this way, you were going to buy it anyway so you might as well buy it now and get the most use out of it (this is how I've justified my Barely Crusher ;) . Apparently you can also get a brass one but it's dearer and in my opinion probably unnecesary (??). My mate is building a RIMS system with his, also building the controller for it from scratch. Pretty impressive actually. Just taught himself all the programming and building knowledge off the net.

Got some more hop cuttings last night. I now have 3 POR, 4 (cuttings) of Tettnanger, 4 (cuttings) of Hallertau. Beer, Beer and more beer. :chug:

JD

That's the one I ordered Justin , will power my RIMS as well

your system is sounding great batz.
I want one of those pumps one day for sure, not that my pumps don't do the job well. Your gunna have one of the best systems here before you even ark it up for the first time.

cheers, jealous of Batz new pump, Jayse

If I make it through the delivery alive , then I'll let you know what it's like
:ph34r:

This is Batz peeking through the mail slot in his front door :unsure: :ph34r: :unsure: :ph34r:

Watching for the Wife and the delivery man, hoping and praying that the gods would not be so cruel as to allow them to arrive home at exactly the same time.

just playing Batz. Your a bold man.

JD

Batz, you could sabotage your washing machine a few days before it arrives and then claim it is just a new pump for the washing machine :)

Slim chance of it passing but ya never know. :p

Latest posts

Back