Mangrove Jack's Traditional Pils

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djamesnz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just bought a Mangrove Jack's Traditional Pils pouch.

The person at my LHBS recommended to add nothing but dextrose, as the kit has a heap of flavour.
A few weeks ago I bottled a Blackrock Pilsner Blonde with Czech Pilsner Enhancer No 62.
Although nice I found it a bit bland and lacking any real body. I normally I drink Heiney, Becks, Carlsberg etc.

Would you recommend getting any enhancers, spray malt, hops etc?

Cheers

Hi all,

I just bought a Mangrove Jack's Traditional Pils pouch.

The person at my LHBS recommended to add nothing but dextrose, as the kit has a heap of flavour.
A few weeks ago I bottled a Blackrock Pilsner Blonde with Czech Pilsner Enhancer No 62.
Although nice I found it a bit bland and lacking any real body. I normally I drink Heiney, Becks, Carlsberg etc.

Would you recommend getting any enhancers, spray malt, hops etc?

Cheers

Its a pils so its meant to be light but if you want extra body you could add 1.5kg of LDME (light dry malt extract) instead of the 1kg of sugar/dex/whatever. Why 1.5kg? LDME does not have as many fermentable sugars so you can expect your final gravity to be a little higher but you will have more body.

You could also try unsing dex and steeping specialty grains to add flavor and body.

Its a pils so its meant to be light but if you want extra body you could add 1.5kg of LDME (light dry malt extract) instead of the 1kg of sugar/dex/whatever. Why 1.5kg? LDME does not have as many fermentable sugars so you can expect your final gravity to be a little higher but you will have more body.

You could also try unsing dex and steeping specialty grains to add flavor and body.

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

I might try the LDME initially to gauge the flavour and try grains if I find it lacking.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back