Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating using the link above.

Mangrove Jack's DUAL Temperature controller (N.Z/AU) Keeping The Temparature

Discussion in 'Electronics, Hardware & Software' started by Dids1960, 24/11/17.

1. Dids1960

Posted 24/11/17
    Hi all, I am a bit stuck here and was wondering if someone might be able to help me out.
    I purchased a
    Mangrove Jack's DUAL Temperature controller (N.Z/AU) last thursday of which i have only plugged the cool plug into my fridge.
    I have set the temperature on it to 18 degrees with a fluctuation of 2 degrees, what is happening the mangrove jack controller says it is 30 degrees Celsius and inside my fridge, the temp gauge i have shows 12 degrees???
    Am i supposed to also plug in the heat belt and set that to the same temperature to run at the same time?
    Its doing my head in and i haven't been able to find much advice about the temperature controller on the web, so any help and wisdom would greatly be appreciated.
    Cheers

2. Dan Pratt

Posted 24/11/17
    plug both heat and cool in provided the heat is connected to a heat belt or pad.

locate the magroves probe inside the fridge next to your other temp gauge.

the mangroves unit may need to be calibrated.

3. Grott

Beer Embalmer

Drinker of fine ales
    Posted 24/11/17
  4. Dids1960

Posted 25/11/17
    Hi and thanks for your reply, i have followed the instructions of the instructions as per the help booklet i received, The link you posted is for a older model and the manual i received is https://www.grainfather.com/media/wysiwyg/PDFs/MJ_Dual_Temp_Control.pdf
    I dont know why but the unit seems to be displaying the outside temperature and not what is inside the fridge.
    Maybe the unit is faulty or something, i have set the heat belt up to it and again the fridge inside is 16 degrees and the unit is saying 33 Degrees???

Attached Files:

5. Dids1960

Posted 25/11/17
    Hi and thanks for your reply, i have followed the instructions of the instructions as per the help booklet i received, The link you posted is for a older model and the manual i received is https://www.grainfather.com/media/wysiwyg/PDFs/MJ_Dual_Temp_Control.pdf
    I dont know why but the unit seems to be displaying the outside temperature and not what is inside the fridge.
    Maybe the unit is faulty or something, i have set the heat belt up to it and again the fridge inside is 16 degrees and the unit is saying 33 Degrees???

Attached Files:

6. Grott

Beer Embalmer

Drinker of fine ales
    Posted 25/11/17
    Did you set a target temp and then then the range ie say 2 degrees either way?
    I would take the probe out, disconnect the unit and then start again. It does seem the temp in the fridge is being controlled but as you say the screen reads the outside temp instead of what is in side

7. Dids1960

Posted 25/11/17
    Thanks Beer Embler for replying and trying to help, i setup target at 20 degrees with 2 degrees variation, it still isn't keeping the temp, i have unplugged it and tried resetting it to no avail, i have a feeling it might be faulty or is just not wanting to play the game.
    I should of bought the inkjet i think?

8. RobinW

Posted 25/11/17
    Try sticky tapping the temp probe to your bucket and tape a piece of bubble wrap over the probe.
    If it's still a mile out, take it back, it's stuffed.

9. Bonenose

Posted 26/11/17
    Can try placing probe in a container of hot tap water and check reading then do the same with container of ice and water, if it is not reading sensible temps in these then as above, it's stuffed.

Dids1960 likes this.
  10. Dids1960

Posted 27/11/17
    Hi Beer Embalmer and again thank you for your help, after lots of stuffing around i worked out what was wrong, In my booklet it doesn't say about F4 Being set to 2 and F3 to 1, I rooted around and changed these settings and now working like a charm. Pretty piss pour instructions from the mangrove jack instructions that you have to try and guess these things. many thanks for your help.:bigcheers:

Grott likes this.
  11. Dids1960

Posted 27/11/17
    Thank you for your help, after lots of stuffing around i worked out what was wrong, In my booklet it doesn't say about F4 Being set to 2 and F3 to 1, I rooted around and changed these settings and now working like a charm. Pretty piss pour instructions from the mangrove jack instructions that you have to try and guess these things. many thanks for your help.:bigcheers:

12. Dids1960

Posted 27/11/17
    thank you for your help, after lots of stuffing around i worked out what was wrong, In my booklet it doesn't say about F4 Being set to 2 and F3 to 1, I rooted around and changed these settings and now working like a charm. Pretty piss pour instructions from the mangrove jack instructions that you have to try and guess these things. many thanks for your help.:barf:

13. RobinW

Posted 27/11/17
    Should have bought an inkbird.

moonhead and Andy_27 like this.
  14. NzBrewerMatt

Posted 23/4/18
    Sorry to hijack this post but I seem to be having the same issues. I think i accidentally played around with the F2-F4 settings and now mine is playing up. Is there any way to properly set this to act normally (e.g. set a temp and it turns on the heating element or cooling element to get there?). Or alternatively is there a way to reset the device? I have this one here: https://mangrovejacks.com/products/dual-temperature-controller