Mangrove Jack's Craft Pouch APA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasualNerd

Reaction score
I just picked up this Australian Pale Ale from the local brew shop, with a kilo of brew enhancer (75%dextrose 25%corn syrup) and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it ?

I have 500gm of caramalt and some amarillo hops from my last brew (vac sealed and in the freezer) and I'm wondering if it's worth making some additions ? I've been following recipes so far and I don't know how best to work out if I'm wasting my time or potentially making improvements !

I picked up a similar one today. I’ve got some light malt for mine. Keen to see what people think the hop levels are like.

Let me know how you do!

IMG_1510988543.051830.jpg

I've only tried the Grapefruit one, but it's pretty decent with just what's in the pack and a kilo of LDM. I'm keen to try some of the other variants cos the overpowering grapefruit extract taste gets a bit much after a while.

I don't think you'd really need the caramalt but if I was you I'd throw in some of the Amarillo, these pouches come with dry hops - but don't know if I've got dodgy tastebuds but dry hopping doesn't add much for me. Or maybe it's just that they don't use enough hops.

I've done the APA, grapefruit IPA and the Helles

the APA was good. not remarkable but a good drinking beer. from memory I just dry hopped with the hops they give you in the pack

I actually just bottled my 2nd batch of the grapefruit IPA as it came out great the first time

Back