mangrove jack passionfruit flavor booster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don cherry

Reaction score
first of all hello to all you beer experts.i have been brewing for about a year now and still can not believehow easy it is to brew good beer for not a lot of $$$ . i am trying to get something near stone and wood pacific ale but no matter how much galaxy hops you add the fruit does not come through.so i thought i would give this mangrove jacks passionfruit beer flavour booster a try.i dropped 1.5 ml in a glass then poured on a beer give it a stir but it tasted really bad and the taste did not leave me all night.has anyone used this i dont want to waste a whole new batch on my next brew if it tastes that strong and bad .thanks

Are you dry hopping when fermentation has been /is near completed? Fermentation will blow off a lot of the dry hop aroma.

Flavor boosters taste like flavor boosters :thumbsdown:Also 1.5ml in a glass is way too strong I'd think. Try a drop at a time.
There is all those new fruity beers on the commercial shelf now and I've tasted enough of them to screw my nose up at them. Basically Beer, with flavor booster, yuck. I'd conclude that many fail to get the real fruity characters from just hops in their most natural form so they resort to the cheat thing with flavor boosters and processed Hop extract concentrates added to the finished beer.
Pressure fermentation can be a bonus to avoid loosing a lot of aroma/flavor. Add dry hops near end of fermentation then seal the vessel so it self carbonates and releases no gas/aroma. Trapping it all in the beer.
Its a step up in equipment and process though from the basic New Brewers kit. Properly purged receiving kegs, pressure transfers, no exposures etc.

Last edited:
yes dry hopping at around the 4 th day .any one want to buy a bottle of hardly used passion fruit flavour booster ? haha.what about trying the actual fruit its self .

It’s pure evil. I’m still trying to get the horrible flavour out of my beer line 😫

hi frosty , i did get on to them and they tell me that they are reviewing the amounts that you should add , but like you once bitten twice shy , never to use this again .

Back